Re: End of hobby electronics as we know it ?

EF in FLA wrote:

I remember those days too. Hard to believe we ever made it through such
times, what with the blatant patriotism and gasp...occasional prayer. Back
then you respected the teachers or you found yourself in the hallway getting
acquainted with a hard piece of lumber. Funny I don't recall any shootings
or stabbings in my schools. Yeah, things were a tad different back then...

Ah, for the days when there were no shootings or stabbings in school.
Just adults beating on children with a 2X4. If only more adults would
beat children there would be less violence.

  • Re: Shootings at VA Tech, sanjian et. al. status?
    ... just hearing the news about the shootings there. ... here is safe, and I'm praying for the loved ones of those who were ... Lock down all schools? ...
    (rec.arts.anime.misc)
  • Re: Bakerloo Strike
    ... of London for stabbings, shootings and gang/drug-related violence. ...
    (uk.transport.london)
  • Re: Allowing guns locked in cars at work makes sense
    ... allow weapons of any sort in schools. ... aren't that many incidents in schools or workplaces either. ... 2001 by foreign terrorists and the earlier 1995 ... United States, 114 courthouse shootings are examined for motive, ...
    (talk.politics.guns)
  • Re: quote of the day
    ... if we don't have home grown terrorists what do you call all the shootings and other trouble in our own schools? ... why doesn't the people in governmint know it is their policies that are bringing these tragedies about? ...
    (alt.gathering.rainbow)
  • Re: (OT) Mobile Phones
    ... imagine it on thai planes,stabbings and shootings and general mayhem ... because they dont like the noise. ...
    (soc.culture.thai)