Re: Vox AD - 30 VT? (see inside)

Sandoz wrote:

I know this may well have been covered & if it was I missed it, so if
anyone who has any experience with this amp to share , it would be
gratefully appreciated. I'm thinking of purchasing one as an
alternative to my Fender Deville & my '62 Tremolux which I'd rather
not to a jam. Any thoughts? Thanks !!! Sandoz

My personal opinion: It is a fun little toy. Even a good beginner's amp when looking to maximize tones. It is NOT a replacement for a real tube amp.

  • Vox AD - 30 VT? (see inside)
    ... anyone who has any experience with this amp to share, ... alternative to my Fender Deville & my '62 Tremolux which I'd rather ... not to a jam. ... Sandoz ...
    (alt.guitar.amps)
  • Re: OT: RGP Guitar players advice needed...which AMP for Xmas?
    ... I'm no pro by any stretch of the imagination but I still like a real tube amp best. ... That said the Marshall seems a good deal. ... Obviously you'll want a pedal to switch your effects as the amp doesn't come with one. ... Any RGP guitar players own either of these amps? ...
    (rec.games.pinball)
  • Re: GAS depression
    ... 12AX7 pre amp with SS effects? ... use this method to drive the TUBE circuitry harder, ... blackheart; maybe something more expensive:) ... now is a time to pick up a real tube amp. ...
    (alt.guitar)
  • first time amplifier use
    ... I understand that the tubes for these amps is very hard ... given these facts I am planning on babying this amp during ... with tuning by dipping the plate, adjust load for output, repeat, etc. ... also planning on purchasing Ameritron's inrush current protector to limit ...
    (rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors)
  • Re: Neil - your amp / spkrs purchasing experience
    ... I'm looking for the same setup, a decent integrated amp and good ... speakers, and am going to get the amp first. ... end PSB speakers, right now, stored away, and don't want to spend ... and that's how I'll go about purchasing the amp, ...
    (rec.music.gdead)