Re: How to change default wia scan file type in photoshop cs5
- From: gar <bdchmura@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2011 09:35:52 -0500
yeah, CS5 is kind of goofy for scanning.
You have to go to Adobe and D/L something called "PSCS5_OptionalPlugins_Win32"(assuming your OS is 32-bit) and extract a file called "Twain_32.8BA" from the folder OptionalPlugins/Win_32.
Copy/Paste this file into the Program Files/Adobe/Plugins/Import-Export folder.
Now you are good to go to scan from the Photoshop File menu using your installed scanner.
Gary W. Chmura
On 17/12/2011 5:34 PM, MrSatoV wrote:
I'm just sick of it, really. Scan via WIA and you get no option to.
save/use any other file format than BMP. So you have to save as
whatever from PS and then delete the BMP.
Is there any way to change this asinine behavior? I mean, BMP? Who
wants BMP? Shouldn't a default always be JPG for anything, other than
PSD these days? I'm sure this is a Windows thing, not Adobe, but
still.... How about some way to scan from a super popular Epson scan/
printer directly without PS CS f'n 5? LOL
PS I'm not really as upset as I make it sound. It's just for
entertainment value. ;-)
- Prev by Date: Automatically Selecting the Transparent Part of an Image?
- Next by Date: Christmas Tree Vector Shapes Download
- Previous by thread: How to change default wia scan file type in photoshop cs5
- Next by thread: Re: How to change default wia scan file type in photoshop cs5