Re: How to change default wia scan file type in photoshop cs5

yeah, CS5 is kind of goofy for scanning.

You have to go to Adobe and D/L something called "PSCS5_OptionalPlugins_Win32"(assuming your OS is 32-bit) and extract a file called "Twain_32.8BA" from the folder OptionalPlugins/Win_32.

Copy/Paste this file into the Program Files/Adobe/Plugins/Import-Export folder.
Now you are good to go to scan from the Photoshop File menu using your installed scanner.

HTH

Gary W. Chmura