Re: Backing up the Photoshop CS3 "activation file"

On Mon, 25 May 2009 15:05:23 -0400, Father Kodak <dont_bother@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

About a month ago, Windows stopped working on my desktop system, so I
had to wipe the C partition and reload Windows and all my
applications. Since I also have CS 3 installed on my laptop, I was
unable to do an online activation when I re-installed CS3 on my
desktop. Fortunately, Adobe will allow you to re-activate CS3 after
you explain the situation to them by phone.

Obviously I don't want to repeat this experience. But I almost did,
when my _laptop_ wouldn't boot up after I made some changes to
Windows. Fortunately I was able to recover this time.

So now I'm thinking that when Adobe activates CS3, it either creates
an "activation file." I know that Microsoft does that when you
activate Windows, and you can back up that file in case you have to
re-install.

Anyone know if Adobe does the same? File name?

Get Acronis - from that you can if you have a spare Hard drive and you can
connect it to the computer so it becomes a part of the computer - you then chose
the 'Clone disk' and you have an exact copy of your present state of the whole
disk - perfectly legal and perfectly sure - that also get you past having to
contact Microsoft if you disk goes down again - as it will some time. I speak as
one who lost a 200GB and replaced it with a 500GB - everything intact and ready
for use.

.