Re: Do I need both these versions.

"Joel" <Joel@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:uo0as4lrvmmg279ppuanc6fi7n08o1fadr@xxxxxxxxxx
"SS" <nonense50@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I am not too sure how this came about but I appear (I think) to have 2
versions of Photoshop on my PC.
I did get another hardrive as a back up from a friend so maybe came from
there.

Image ready and Adobe photoshop CS
Image ready looks like a lesser version of Photoshop CS
There are also seperate entries in the start menu for each one.
Can I delete one of these?

thanks

The *real* 2 copies or 2 sets of icons? If they are 2 *real* copies on 2
separated folders then sure you can uninstall one of them, but it's only
ONE
copy but 2 or more ICONS then you can delete any of the icon, or just
leave
them alone won't cost you anything.

I read you mention about restoring some old backup and other drive etc.. I
don't have any experience with these. So I would say delete (I am not
sure
if it can be uninstalled) the version doesn't have any information in the
REGISTRY.

It is 2 seperate programmes 1 is mine, but unsure how the other arrived
there.
I did go through a period of testing spare (old) hardrives. Old ones I had
or had given to me so that I could keep copies of my pictures and some other
documents on them as a back up.
So possibly the `other` version has originated from there, anyhow the
question has been answered so will uninstall/delete the lesser version.

thanks

  • Re: Do I need both these versions.
    ... Image ready and Adobe photoshop CS ... separated folders then sure you can uninstall one of them, ... I did go through a period of testing spare hardrives. ... So if it screws I can re install. ...
    (alt.graphics.photoshop)
  • Re: Changing the pictures on icons identifying file types
    ... "File Icons - Files Associations manually configured in Windows to open with ... Photoshop Elements (not configured in the File Association Manager or the ... Photoshop Elements installer) will show generic Photoshop Elements icons." ... My wife is keen to have the pictures she ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Help required!! No diskmanagement
    ... Uninstall of buggy apps is usually just as buggy. ... We should try a search in the knowledge base "Disk Manager error" ... But I suspect the imaging software Photoshop. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.general)
  • Re: XP explorer drops out - pls. help
    ... > In my case Windows explorer would quit - sometimes with a reportable error, ... > the little photoshop icons next to each file name are slow to render, ... > thumbnails are rendered, and what are take a long time. ... > appear as mini thumbs or remain as photoshop icons. ...