Re: Adobe Camera Raw and Photoshop CS3 - support for Panasonic DMC LX3 ?
- From: Alex <Alex@xxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2009 12:34:44 GMT
Alex <Alex@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
Mike Russell <groupsRE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Use Adobe's free DNG converter to convert your LX3 files to DNG format.
The DNG files are compatible with CS3 Camera Raw.
The LX3, and a few other cameras, produce DNG files that are three times
the file size of the original raw file, so another reasonable work flow
would be to use the raw converter that came with your camera, and save as a
tiff file, and then read that directly into Photoshop.
Hello Tconway, Mike Russell,
DNG converter 4.0 does indeed make the huge DNG file, but this file is
incompatible with CS3. I see there is a version 5.2 and I will try that after
good night's rest!
Thank you both for pointing me in tis direction.
It remains a mystery!
DNG converter 5.2 indeed handles LX3 raw files (as version 4.0 did), but they
do not open directly in PS CS3. I first have to locate them with Bridge CS3;
then they can be opened in Camera Raw, which then can save them as JPG. Not
really an easy way to do the conversion.
I seem to remember that DNG files could be opened directly in PS CS3, e.g. by
dropping them onto the CS3 window. But this is now not the case.
I should have read Barry Pearson's page first I suppose!
- Prev by Date: Re: Adobe Camera Raw and Photoshop CS3 - support for Panasonic DMC LX3 ?
- Next by Date: Re: Adobe Camera Raw and Photoshop CS3 - support for Panasonic DMC LX3 ?
- Previous by thread: Re: Adobe Camera Raw and Photoshop CS3 - support for Panasonic DMC LX3 ?