Re: Elements 4 query

Dan wrote:

Hey Dan,
When I see OS9 the first thing I think is you downloaded the Mac version of the plug-in. http://www.edesign.com/filters/elimwhit.zip is the windows version. Unless you have a Mac? If so then I can't help , I'm on Windows with Photoshop.

Yes indeed it is a Mac Mini with OS X 10.5.4 It looks like the original Mac plug-in has never been updated for the Intel Macs - which is unfortunate as it seemed as of it was exactly what I wanted.

Found one in Denmark!
Says it works with Macs and Elements.
Not free... $32 but has more options.
http://www.powerretouche.com/Transparency_plugin_tutorial.htm

-Swatch

  • 15 reasons Macs are still better than Windows PCs
    ... With Windows 7 coming up, it's time to yet again ponder on whether ... I long ago stopped actively seeking out Mac vs PC discussions (partly ... Apple uses good quality parts. ... problem lies from those three apps. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • Re: Apple Notebook
    ... die gerne mit Unix Befehlen arbeiten und sich freuen, ... mich stören weder UNIX-Befehle (neben Mac OS X benutze ich selbst z.B. u.A. auch HP-UX, UNIX ist für mich also kein Fremder) noch Leute, die mit ihrem Mac zufrieden sind. ... Mich stört auch nicht, dass Windows mit Ausnahme von Windows Server 2003 R2 keine UNIX-Befehle kann, genauer gesagt geht mir das ziemlich am Allerwertesten vorbei, einfach weil der Bedarf nicht vorhanden ist. ... Und das nicht nur deswegen, weil Apple schlichtweg keinen professionellen Support anbietet, sondern weil die Masse der wichtigen Anwendungen eben nicht unter Mac OS X läuft, sondern unter Windows oder allenfalls noch Linux. ...
    (de.comp.sys.notebooks)
  • Re: I really do like OS X but . . .
    ... I think he was pointing out that Microsoft has to ensure backwards compatibility with the older MS-DOS based versions of Windows, which introduces a number of problems. ... But, of course, Mac users have no choice but to upgrade... ... support perspective too. ... even going to try to claim the PPC port of gcc is anywhere near as good ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • Re: 15 reasons Macs are still better than Windows PCs
    ... 15 reasons Macs are still better than Windows PCs ... With Windows 7 coming up, it's time to yet again ponder on whether ... Microsoft has the upper hand in operating systems. ... I long ago stopped actively seeking out Mac vs PC discussions (partly ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • Re: Aqua is a Plastic Cube!
    ... if WPF were put into Apple's old Mac OS X ... the problem this platform has is that it's rather vaguely defined, ... better than it is on X Windows or Windows XP. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)