Re: Improve Image Resolution?

Bill B wrote:
On Sep 6, 12:01 pm, "KatWoman" <spamf...@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
"Bill B" <wrongaddr...@xxxxxxx> wrote in message

news:675adee8-37a8-4736-b789-569bae818653@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I have low resolution image with many straight lines I want to improve
using PS6. The lines are at various angles with different colors on
each side. I cropped the image into a higher resolution new file with
the right dimensions, but there are large pixels showing.
Something like several black triangles on a white background where all
the edges are showing large pixels.
I can use the pen tool to fill in the color on each side of the line,
but thought there might be an easier way.
How can I draw a straight line at a angle and make one side of the
line one color, and the other another color? But it needs to be just a
short distance past the line so as not to interfere with something
else.
-Bill
Line tool??

make one side of the
line one color,

can you clarify or post a picture?
one color on each end of the line?
or one bi-colored line, colors run parallel over the length?

It's the "Shell Oil" logo at http://www.shell.com/

The image is only 76 by 70 pixels (1.48K bytes). I need to make a
larger image at higher resolution. This is for some employees
at a Shell gas station.

Just need a methode to improve all the ragged edges so the
image looks better.

I can use the paintbrush to do the job, but thought there is
an easier way.

-Bill
Either; go here http://www.miserlymoms.com/shell_logo.jpg

or trace/redraw with a vector prog like Freehand / Illustrator

Guy

  • Re: Improve Image Resolution?
    ... The lines are at various angles with different colors on ... but there are large pixels showing. ... larger image at higher resolution. ... Many the Virtual Racing World series, Nascar Racing Online series, ...
    (alt.graphics.photoshop)
  • Re: Improve Image Resolution?
    ... The lines are at various angles with different colors on ... but there are large pixels showing. ... larger image at higher resolution. ... or trace/redraw with a vector prog like Freehand / Illustrator ...
    (alt.graphics.photoshop)
  • Re: Improve Image Resolution?
    ... The lines are at various angles with different colors on ... I cropped the image into a higher resolution new file with ... but there are large pixels showing. ... I can use the pen tool to fill in the color on each side of the line, ...
    (alt.graphics.photoshop)
  • Re: [opensuse] Need monitor recommendation
    ... not about the number of pixels displayed by the monitor, ... The most common resolutions & DPI values for normal aspect ratio flat ... There's only one basic drawback of going to a higher resolution and ... Unless images are a particular ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: How important is 1080, either i or p, in a 37"?
    ... little bit longer distance so that the pixels blend tohether. ... The above formula gives a distance of 2.4m for the 768-panel. ... The reason for getting the new panel was not the higher resolution and ... thinking on the higher resolution from "doesn't matter" to "gives some ...
    (alt.tv.tech.hdtv)