Need advice on adding realistic flowers to landscape pic
- From: Boppy <therealboppy@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2007 23:35:09 -0700
Hi guys, I have a client who wants me to depict his land with a field
of poppies, as he expects to them to have grown in the next few years.
This is his land:
and this is an example of how a poppy field might look:
I have tried several methods so far, none of which result in a
realistic look, so I'd be really grateful if you experts could let me
know what you'd do if given the same task.
So far, I've tried:
- Duplicating the poppy field image, placing it over the panorama
layer and using a layer mask to remove the bits I don' t want;
- Applying a displacement map to the duplicated poppy field image and
repeating the above;
- placing individual poppies from a separate source in the panorama
- Using the clone tool to "paint" poppies on to the landscape then
using dodge/burn to apply lights/darks.
If anyone has any suggestions on how to achieve a good result (this is
for print), then I'd be really grateful.
Thanks in advance,