Re: Memory available only 1.7 Gig?

On 20 Apr 2007 06:11:27 -0700, SpaceGirl
<nothespacegirlspam@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Apr 19, 9:03 pm, "Mike Russell" <RE-MOVEm...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
MOVE> wrote:
XP Pro will do 3 gigs, of which 2 can be used in CS2 if you use the /3GB
switch in boot.ini .

That's what I thought too... however on the desktop I use here at this
clients office, CS2 can also only see 1.7Gb of the 3Gb available. And
the /3GB option is set.

PhotoShop on my Mac at home sees 3Gb of the 4Gb installed without
problem. Strange.

Not really strange, SpaceGirl.
I mean, at least something must be in Mac's range.
Even if only it can utilize more RAM, there should be a reason for it
to keep on being on the shelves.

Dave (with a broad mean smile)

  • Re: Memory available only 1.7 Gig?
    ... switch in boot.ini. ... clients office, CS2 can also only see 1.7Gb of the 3Gb available. ... Strange. ...
    (alt.graphics.photoshop)
  • Re: MS Word 2000 wont open
    ... the /safe switch was introduced in Word 2002. ... it isn't strange. ... Microsoft Office MVP ... MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/ ...
  • Re: Mobile Phones whilst driving...
    ... > How do you know they weren't watching dual carriageways etc? ... These are the only operations I have seen in and around the Poole area since ... Not strange, I think most would think it odd that if real officers are ... I don't switch my phone off whenever I'm not expecting a call. ...
    (uk.rec.driving)
  • Re: Jumping Clock @ KDE Logon Dialog
    ... > Strange but true: In our computer pool, we now have two clients where the ... > time seems to switch between two different times (difference is no even ...
    (alt.linux)
  • Re: ANNOUNCE: Custom 64bit FreeBSD 8.1-RELEASE with XFCE packages released
    ... I switch it to if statement suggested before for .login, ... Very strange; I've checked that in bash's dialog mode, ... Andra moi ennepe, Mousa, ... ...
    (freebsd-questions)