Re: Question: 'Faking' volumetric lighting
- From: "KatWoman" <JolieXPrincessXKatanaXXX@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 16:26:00 -0400
"BD" <robert.drea@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I was looking at a picture taken inside a large theatre. There was
volumetric lighting everywhere.
I was studying what was really happening with this lighting, and it
seemed to me that the areas that were covered by the 'mist' of the
volumetric lighting were lighter, lower in contrast, and lower in
I started to wonder if a process such as creating a second layer from
an image, adjusting the saturation and contrast accordingly, and using
a layer mask with a very soft brush, might allow someone to 'fake'
volumetric lighting in an image.
Wondering if anyone's ever tried that...
have you played with the lighting effects filters??
there are many variables
I think myjanee may have a tutorial on this?
- Prev by Date: Re: CRAP Editing
- Next by Date: Re: .pcd file problem
- Previous by thread: Re: Question: 'Faking' volumetric lighting
- Next by thread: Re: Question: 'Faking' volumetric lighting