Re: Slightly off topic but interesting reading

rmd <rmd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in

On Fri, 18 Aug 2006 09:38:23 GMT, Kingdom <kingdomof@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Bert Monroys epic painting created in illustrator and photoshop

http://www.bertmonroy.com/fineart/text/fineart_damen.htm

Why not just take a photo and manipulate it in photoshop. Would of
saved him lots of time.

No, Bert is a unique artist and Berts quote says it all.

'To me, it is not the destination that is important - it is the
journey.'

I think from our point of view to see such incredible works serves to
light the way in the use of this incredible application, as I say to
friend who are impressed with some of my works, it's an operating system
for art more than a program. Berts work proves beyond doubt that you can
take images and alter them in any way you like and where reality didn't
exist you can create it so realistically that no photo on the planet can
ever be trusted again!

Learning is not attained by chance, it must be sought for with ardor and
attended to with diligence.

  • Re: A Days work 11/19/05
    ... >> Today s work conists of a variety of pipes. ... A new Coral staining ... >> process that didn t photo well. ... Hi Bert ...
    (alt.smokers.pipes)
  • Bert, was that your photo of the G=EMC^2 barn ?
    ... All of my servers censored it, Bert. ... If it's your photo of the G=EMC^2 barn, ...
    (sci.physics)
  • Re: Which Version of Photoshop?
    ... that everybody uses Photoshop to manipulate their images in much the same way ... Revel is an online photo sharing service. ... I just want to be able to manipulate them. ...
    (rec.photo.digital)
  • Re: Slightly off topic but interesting reading
    ... Bert Monroys epic painting created in illustrator and photoshop ... Why not just take a photo and manipulate it in photoshop. ...
    (alt.graphics.photoshop)