Re: Improving performance in PS 7 ?

"Marco" <not@xxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:1123135437.581573@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Improving performance in PS 7 ?
>
> I got this message when I installed PS 7........
> You currently have Adobe Photoshop's primary Scratch and Windows' primary
> paging file on the same volume, which can result in reduced performance.
> It is recommended that you set Adobe Photoshop's primary Scratch volume to
> be on a different volume, preferably on a different drive.
> Does anyone know how to do this but I only have one drive which is Local
> Disk C. ?

Don't worry about it.

A separate drive is preferable to avoid disk seek contention. A separate
partition may provide some benefit because of reduced fragmentation.
Neither of these is necessary, nor as important as having enough memory.
--

Mike Russell
www.curvemeister.com

  • Improving performance in PS 7 ?
    ... Improving performance in PS 7? ... You currently have Adobe Photoshop's primary Scratch and Windows' primary ... paging file on the same volume, which can result in reduced performance. ...
    (comp.graphics.apps.photoshop)
  • Improving performance in PS 7 ?
    ... Improving performance in PS 7? ... You currently have Adobe Photoshop's primary Scratch and Windows' primary ... paging file on the same volume, which can result in reduced performance. ...
    (alt.graphics.photoshop)
  • Re: Improving performance in PS 7 ?
    ... > Improving performance in PS 7? ... > You currently have Adobe Photoshop's primary Scratch and Windows' primary ... If your system has controllers for more drives (and it ...
    (comp.graphics.apps.photoshop)
  • Re: Photoshop Disfunction
    ... have Adobe Photoshop's primary Scratch and Window's ... I click 'OK' and a boxed error message comes up that ... sectors'which transformed 'My Pictures' ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.photos)