IMF: World economy to slow sharply, led by US
- From: "RumpelStiltSkin" <fablesRus@xxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2008 07:17:49 -0700
Now its the whole world. Where you gonna go?
The world economy will slow sharply this year and next, with the United States likely sliding into recession reflecting mounting damage from the most dangerous financial jolt in more than a half-century.
The International Monetary Fund, in a World Economic Outlook released Wednesday, slashed growth projections for the global economy and predicted the United States — the epicenter of the financial meltdown — will continue to lose traction.
"The world economy is now entering a major downturn in the face of the most dangerous shock in mature financial markets since the 1930s," the IMF said in its report.
- Prev by Date: Re: Defendents who were arrested at Rainbow Gathering on July 3
- Next by Date: Re: Demand that Obama release his college records! Where is the media?
- Previous by thread: Barrack "The O-Phenom" Obama VS. John "Popeye" McCain
- Next by thread: Re: IMF: World economy to slow sharply, led by US