Those crazy Japanese

Definitely worth a look. \w/

http://cleantechnica.com/2008/05/05/top-10-renewable-tech-gadgets/

5. Personal Wind Turbine

We’re not talking about the huge wind-farm fodder; we’re talking about
something you can strap to your house. Now I admit, gadgets tend to be
smaller and more… gadgety. After much deliberation, I figured omitting
wind power would be like forgetting Unix in a “Top-5″ for PC operating
systems. Plus, they look really cool. For a mere $500 you could own
this turbine, which is designed for charging batteries (the batteries
would power a cabin or house). The Japanese turbine (shown above)
hasn’t quite hit the American market yet, but it’d be my wind-power-of-
choice. Airplane propellers are so last-year.
.