The "Rainbow" election....

Well, now that "Rainbow" is an official group I guess there needs to be
leaders.... and since the leaders will be making very important legal
decisions on behalf of the people it is only fitting that those leaders
be elected by the people.

This election like "gatherings" is open to the whole of humanity world
wide.... all that is needed now is for pholks to throw their hat into
the ring and start campaigning.

The polls will open on Thanxgiving and close January 1, 2007 at which
time the person with the most votes will be the new leader of the
"Rainbow Family Gathering/Spiritual Expressive Assoc".

Other offices that will be available:

Under Secretary - this person will be responsible for applying for,
signing and securing permits for all future gatherings.

Secretary of Scouting - this person will be responsible for working
with the USFS to secure sites for all future gatherings.

Secretary of Security - (formerly known as Shanti Sena) this person
will be responsible for designating those that will handle security at
all future gatherings.

Media Secretary - (formerly held by Karin Zirk) this person will be
responsible for all contact with the media on and off site, issuing
press releases, dealing with any negative press that the "Rainbow
Family Gathering/Spiritual Expressive Assoc" might get.

Secretary of Commerce - this person will be responsible for all monies
collected at future gatherings and make sure that all funds are
deposited into a bank account opened under the "Rainbow Family
Gathering/Spiritual Expressive Assoc" name, and will also be
responsible for opening a PayPal account for the "Rainbow Family
Gathering/Spiritual Expressive Assoc" and setting up a website where
people can send money.

Again, polls will open on Thanxgiving (since there will no longer be
need for councils on that date) and will close on January 1, 2007 and
the person with the most votes from each office will win that title.

A person can only run for one office so those that seek election must
chose wisely what they want to do.

Please post to this forum or the Yahoo Rainbow Freedom group what your
desired office of choice is and your name will be added to the
appropriate poll.

  • Re: reprint from the Vail times
    ... My preconception was an enormous forest with tents and camps ... Big Red Park was transformed into a temporary city. ... Night time was like a bucolic Mardi Gras, or as one Rainbow ... gatherings and camped in between, ...
    (alt.gathering.rainbow)
  • Re: reprint from the Vail times
    ... talking about the gatherings, he spoke of the Forest Service almost as ... Before I got to Big Red Park, Gerry's group had been forced to move ... I picked up a Rainbow and four of his ...
    (alt.gathering.rainbow)
  • Re: Regarding Missouri Rainbow-
    ... I dont think you have a clue what my "agenda" is or if there is any ... So your Rainbow Family. ... Folks who are all about love, respect, ... the high holies who want to parent the gatherings that I do not like. ...
    (alt.gathering.rainbow)
  • The Unspoken Word
    ... travelled down from New England to my beloved Ocala National Forest to ... Florida Regional Gathering of the Rainbow Family of Living Light. ... gatherings at other points in the year, ... ...Until that forest fire summer in Wyoming. ...
    (alt.gathering.rainbow)
  • Re: Movement to create a "rainbow" organization
    ... Rainbow in some eyes is about community, peace, jubilation, ... and the gatherings as political soap boxes. ... tolorance and peace be the championed resolve. ... The fact that several recent gatherings were obviously co-opted by the permit ...
    (alt.gathering.rainbow)