Re: music & geek question

I have a very happy update on Kwame. HE"S PLAYING GUITAR! Dig!
Someone gave him a quarter sized steel string accoustic. He plays it
all left handed. He hammers on a lot but also bars with his little
finger and strums and picks with his thumb and forefinger as his large
hand spans from key board to over the sound hole! I heard tale by
someone trustworthy that it was actually pretty good and getting better
by the hour! I think I must have been on the same wave length and just
knew it was time for my beautiful Kwame to play some git box some more!
I can see his solution is the very best of all. This is such happy
news. Thanks, family, for caring about your rainbow brother. <R>

mirandaraven@xxxxxxx wrote:
> My music wasn't always so thin instrumentally. Two years ago my
> leadguitar/bass man had a stroke. (Do look after your blood pressure,
> my loves.) It all but rendered his dominant right hand useless, along
> with his leg on that side. He tells me he'd rather have lost his legs
> than not be able to play guitar. But I think he can play music. He's
> taught himself to draw with the left as well as he could with the
> right. I think he should be able to play guitar music, lead and bass,
> with his left hand. I have a music keyboard but the quality is dubious
> if your expectation is rich guitar options. So is there some sort of
> computer software that sounds like guitar and base that could be played
> one handed? <R>

  • Re: Michael Lorimer Masterclass 6 July
    ... Michael Lorimer Masterclass, 06 July 2006, 2:00 PM ... He asked the 5 students play as in a recital and he would critique each ... guitar, ... assumes the student has the requisite technique necessary to play music ...
    (rec.music.classical.guitar)
  • Re: Telecaster - Parts guitar - A brief affair?
    ... I play with the left leg crossed over the right leg. ... surface on the guitar probably isn't helping either. ... I'm having a real hard time visualizing that, assuming that you're right handed, you're playing a right handed guitar and you have the guitar on your right leg. ...
    (rec.music.makers.guitar.jazz)
  • Re: Did anyone go to The New York Guitar Festival at Mannes College?
    ... represent the ideas and opinions of Michael Lorimer. ... He asked the 5 students play as in a recital and he would critique each ... guitar, ... assumes the student has the requisite technique necessary to play music ...
    (rec.music.classical.guitar)
  • Re: Joe Pass as teacher
    ... It is about establishing the student's goals, planning out how this is going to be achieved, delivering the material in a way that is effective for the student - and this is a category that I think is often neglected in guitar tuition, in my experience. ... Over the years of reading rmmgj I have read various views such as you can only learn this stuff by playing, I note that you feel the skill can only be honed by years of practice and time on the bandstand. ... When I improvise I often find myself thinking that I'd like to play a particular sound at this moment, but I do not know how to play it. ... A teacher will be able to suggest different ways to understand the material, alternatives for remembering the material, for developing playing skills that utilise them, for suggesting appropriate material to aid development. ...
    (rec.music.makers.guitar.jazz)
  • Re: Emily Remlers guitar on East to Wes
    ... future of jazz guitar. ... EMILY REMLER, NEW GUITAR VIRTUOSO, AT BLUE NOTE ... EIGHT years ago Emily Remler was picking out rock tunes on a single ... For her first six months at Berklee, Miss Remler was too shy to play ...
    (rec.music.makers.guitar.jazz)