Re: Got the Diablo III beta invite...

It's been patchy for me, sometimes fine, other times really bad. I
managed to get through the small part of story that was available
anyway and really enjoyed it - haven't really played any similar games
before so didn't know what to expect but it seems fun,

The very little I was able to play kinda reminds me of D2, but...with
less freedom. No assigning stat points or skill points, and a very
linear path, almost like I'm on rails. Hopefully it's more open down
the line, though I really dislike not being able to assign skill and
stat points...leaves little replayability for me since once you have 1
max level of each character you have no reason to make another. I had
the same complaint with Guild Wars(and GW2 it seems as well) as well.

  • A new skill gaming platform hits the scene
    ... Currently pre-registering gamers online (www.skillextreme.com), ... The Skill Extreme gaming platform offers gamers a unique experience in ... include a line up of classic and traditional games (Ship Battle, ... technology provides an intuitive way for players to climb the ranks. ...
    (rec.gambling.poker)
  • Re: In defense of save scumming...
    ... save scumming is not a semi-artistic means of expressing your ... Skill and Winning seem to have been ... I mean survival of the fittest games, ...
    (rec.games.roguelike.misc)
  • Re: Fistful of Bolters [was Re: GW sales down]
    ... games have some luck. ... designs and skill in others. ... I think you overestimate the factor of luck in Chess, ... Some games manage okay. ...
    (rec.games.miniatures.warhammer)
  • Re: WoW teaches the wrong things
    ... (prefer strategy games, currently Astral Masters). ... it would be better if it was based on skill rather than time. ... Some one who logs on for 18 hours and kills 5 enemies is considered as ... Remember that my basis is not just my limited play time, ...
    (comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg)
  • Re: WoW teaches the wrong things
    ... it would be better if it was based on skill rather than time. ... I actually ended up playing for a day, and then got sick of it. ... of all these games is largely about killing stuff to get stuff. ... Remember that my basis is not just my limited play time, ...
    (comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg)