I have a new respect for Engineers with Jeeves...

Well - I've finally gotten around to finish leveling my engineering profession on my DK which had sat around 325 since cata came out. One of the things I really thought would be cool and I always wanted to do was make a Jeeves. And now that I have 4 well geared level 85's with professions maxed, except his eng skill, I wanted to do it all by myself without any 'help' from the AH. If I needed mats, I wanted to collect them and make them...not buy them.

I never realized how much of a PITA (Pain In The Ass) it was to actually make one if your leveling the skill from scratch. I'm sure there are tons of other special things in game that you can make that are harder, but this was the first for me. I found the Chopper (Hog) was way easier, and disappointing as that is really all about "do you have 12K for parts?", with no other way of getting them. Anyway, getting the Jeeves schematic wasn't all too bad, as well as doing the short quest for the scrapbot. As a new engineer, I had never acquired the needed plans for the 74A & 110G repairbots (or whatever they are called), so off to outlands to farm for the 110G. Got that and learned that the 74A plans were deep in Blackrock. Thank God I did a little research online and found that if you had the Dire Brew Remote, which I did, it was very, very easy to get. Then collecting all the mats, Esp Titansteel, of which I had to collect a crap load of saronite, send to to my Alchemist to transmute to Titanium, them back to my miner for smelting, back to my Eng for mats for the Repairbots, Copper wire from the jewelcrafter, etc, etc.... OY!!

The point anyway, is I always took those Jeeves for granted in raids....I have a new found respect for the little guy now.....and esp for those that crafted it themselves using all their own mats...I will say that for me, it was very satisfying doing that way, and I got a sense of personal accomplishment when done I very rarely get in game...

....AND it was a very nice change and break from my routine grind of getting all 4 ally 85's through both DS raids, and capping their valors for the week grinding out dungeons.... :)
.