Re: locked out of the game

On Fri, 08 Jul 2011 00:00:11 -0500, josephus <dogbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

John Gordon wrote:
In<9ISdnT2Ls4NBtYvTnZ2dnUVZ_qadnZ2d@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> josephus<dogbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

Ok I know my email. the password is the problem. with no password.
Blizzard will require me to login to battle net. :( I keep getting
vectored to the login for battlenet. I even used the url
battlenet/support. it bypasses the login, but even that fails. when
I try to rassert my password change.

I still don't understand. Surely you don't mean that the link Blizzard
sent you to make a new password... needs your current password?

You aren't trying to access the standard customer account page, are you?
That's not where you want to go. Go to the special link Blizzard sent you
for making a new password. This page does NOT require a password.

Apparantly the new owners will let anyone with a password access
support. but because I was repairing my hardware. and had brought up

I'm not sure what you're complaining about here. Are you saying that
someone else stole your password and used it to access your account?
That's exactly why Blizzard recommends everyone get an Authenticator.

the game to test before. this time it removed my password. and I am
trying to reconnect to warcraft on line. that is why I got the phone
app. but it appears to have established a random id.

"established a random id"? I have no idea what you mean. Frankly you're
beginning to sound a bit tinfoil-hattish, if you get my drift.

there is a problem here that is not just user error. it appears to
be a deliberate policy by the management.

Here is how the process should work:

1. Blizzard sends email with a link to reset your password.
2. You go to this link, which does NOT require password access
(obviously, or it would be useless.)
3. You make a new password.
4. You are done.

What part of that are you not able to do?

blizzard keeps sending me to the LOGIN PAGE! sigh. it appears that if
you have a current password, you can change your password. it is the
mechanism for BATTTLENET. I dont have ANY blizzard passwords and there
is no vector leading me to a place I can change or create one.

all the vectors for contact send me to a LOGIN. sometimes I can search
and find a page with email links. I have sent 4 or 5 messages to
billings but the ack/nak return mail does not carry any information. I
have not been friendly to management. I suspect they are involved with
this problem.

Blizzard has not contacted me in any form way or fashion.

https://eu.battle.net/account/support/password-reset.html - not sure
why that's so hard to find, I reached it in about 3 clicks? If you're
on US servers, change "eu" in the address to "us".
--
EU-Draenor:
Sagart (85 Undead Priest)

  • Re: locked out of the game
    ... Blizzard will require me to login to battle net. ... I don't remember that name being a troll but you could be right. ...
    (alt.games.warcraft)
  • Re: locked out of the game
    ... Blizzard will require me to login to battle net. ... Surely you don't mean that the link Blizzard ...
    (alt.games.warcraft)
  • Re: locked out of the game
    ... Blizzard will require me to login to battle net. ... sometimes I can search and find a page with email links. ...
    (alt.games.warcraft)
  • Re: locked out of the game
    ... Blizzard will require me to login to battle net. ... You aren't trying to access the standard customer account page, ...
    (alt.games.warcraft)
  • Re: Keylogger Warning: Authenticators Now Vulnerable
    ... up to the point of entering the authenticator code. ... The hacker then terminates the owner's login session and logs in himself ... However it has since been clarified that Blizzard never sees the original ... server BEFORE the user was prompted for credentials. ...
    (alt.games.warcraft)