Re: 4.0.6 updated patch notes

On 12 Jan 2011 10:51:19 GMT, Urbin <urbin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

b.. Many rare creatures that went into hiding upon Deathwing's emergence
into Azeroth have made a return! In addition to finding new homes in a
post-Cataclysm world, they drop new, improved loot, provide a healthy
experience bonus, and respawn much more quickly when killed. Happy hunting!

Are they adding new rares? (with a corresponding achievment?) or did they
mess something up so existing rares didn't spawn anymore?

My guess is some of the old ones weren't spawning any more so have
returned (some would've needed to relocate anyway. Would be nice if an
achievement was added but there's so many new rares that omg, it'd be
like 100+ rares to kill in one achievement ;-)

Feral
a.. Infected Wounds now has a PvP duration of 8 seconds.

Hm, the nerfs on the bear tanking abilities seem to no longer be in the
patch. Nice.

These are the *new* notes, just not including existing ones to shorten
things - it's clearly copied from MMO Champion's list, which just
extracted the new additions instead of having a list a mile long
that's hard to pick out what's new and what you've already seen. These
nerfs are still present in the full patchnotes -
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/2011384

b.. Concussive Shot duration has been increased to 6 seconds, up from 4.

Hardly ever use it these days.

It's actually handy when you're a lowbie whose pet can't hold aggro -
until my pet started to do half decent damage I had to just give up,
open with concussive shot and nuke the mob down before it reached me,
since otherwise I may was well stand there twiddling my thunbs waiting
for the pet to get any kind of threat lead lol. Not really an issue
now but 1-20 or so I used it a lot. There's also the odd mob that
won't aggro on the pet lol, found that in a quest in WPL to duel some
NPCs, they flatly refused to go after my pet so I had to figure out
kiting (which I've always sucked at, my logic being that if I want
range on a mob, that's what my pet is for!)

Priest (Forums / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Beta Skills/Talents)
a.. Divine Aegis: Critical effects from Prayer of Healing now award a
bonus amount in addition to the default, always-proc Divine Aegis effect.
b.. In addition to Strength of Soul's existing effects, when Power Word:
Shield is placed on oneself, the priest becomes immune to silence,
interrupt, and dispel effects for 2/4 seconds.

I also don't see the changes to PW:Shield that were discussed based on an
earlier version. Has this been discarded again already or am I mixing up
things?

As above, they're still present in the full patchnotes, these are
*additional* changes to the already announced notes.

d.. Tremor Totem has been redesigned. The totem is now usable under Fear,
Charm, or Sleep effects, and pulses much more rapidly, but lasts 6 seconds
and has a 1-minute cooldown.

Ah cool. So I don't necessarily have to know if a boss/mob fears and
remember to place the tremor totem beforehand. If I understand this
correctly if I forget this, I can still put one down even while feared?
Nice.

Yep, just makes it useless if the boss does any such action twice...

Alchemy
a.. Alchemist's Stones for Agility, Strength, and Intellect have been
added.

Nice.

Yeah the stamina one was great for my druid anyway but I'll happily
take an agility one too ;-) Assuming you can use two at a time, always
could in the past I think?

d.. Volatile Air now has an increased chance of dropping from rich mining
nodes and Pyrite.

Cool

Given that was under the "engineering" notes, don't expect it from
regular mining, as I understand it, engineers get a chance for
volatile air to drop from mining now (since there's no clouds
toextract motes from this time round :-( )

Quests & Creatures
Tol Barad Peninsula
a.. Spawn rates at Rustberg Village have been increased.

Hm, as if we'd needed that :-)

Agreed ;-) Yeah it'd sometimes take a minute to find something alive,
but then having to fight 3+ at once was a bit too much... I'd hate to
have extra respawns joining in constantly :-P
--
EU-Draenor:
Sagart (85 Undead Priest)

  • Re: 4.0.6 updated patch notes
    ... Are they adding new rares? ... It's actually handy when you're a lowbie whose pet can't hold aggro - ... open with concussive shot and nuke the mob down before it reached me, ... mining now (since there's no clouds toextract motes from this time round ...
    (alt.games.warcraft)
  • Re: Change in picking targets with WotLK
    ... due to your pet rushing into places ... defensive and press attack. ... Case 1 (melee mob): ... -since I only used serpent sting to pull with, there is little aggro ...
    (alt.games.warcraft)
  • Re: Change in picking targets with WotLK
    ... due to your pet rushing into places ... Case 1 (melee mob): ... towards the mob to attack it and in the process may or may not aggro other ... I could change my pet attack macro to send the pet in and put it on ...
    (alt.games.warcraft)
  • Re: how much DPS should my hunter be doing?
    ... Your pet should be ... keeping the mob well away from you. ... have some new quest rewards.....i did ok in ramps group this afternoon ... in duskwallow marsh and then noticed it didnt have any talent points. ...
    (alt.games.warcraft)
  • Re: PVE vs. PVP gear
    ... seem to think theres a boar pet gap, ... tame them, set a freeze trap, start taming and its a cakewalk... ... My problem is almost never with the mob that I and Tony are focusing ...
    (alt.games.warcraft)