Re: PTR 4.0.6 Patch Notes
- From: Urbin <urbin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: 7 Jan 2011 09:35:01 GMT
On Fri, 07 Jan 2011 09:22:10 +0000, Catriona R wrote:
* All guild banners now reward bonus reputation in addition to
honor and experience.
Does this mean that you earn more guild reputation when having the banner
out? Or does this apply to all reputation? In any case, more work on
* Level 85 players can now choose any normal dungeon via the
Dungeon Finder. Choosing Random Dungeon will still not add these
lower-level dungeons into the rotation.
Ah, finally! Though I have since found a group to run Throne of Tides, so I
have those quests completed.
The Vortex Pinnacle
* The wind direction and fun coefficient of the Cyclones that
appear in Heroic difficulty during the Altairus encounter have
Thank god. We knew wind direction played a role but had no clue how to tell
what it was. That wiped us, which in turn locked us out of the dungeon at
the start of the week.
* Archaeology fragments now have a hard cap of 200 per race.
Players will not be able to collect additional fragments until they
complete artifacts to take them down below 200 fragments. Players with
more than 200 fragments will not lose additional fragments in 4.0.6,
but in a future patch we may remove any fragments above 200.
Why would you keep so many? I didn't solve any until I had reached 100
skill, but after that, what is the advantage of not assembling an artifact
as soon as you had enough fragments?
* New meta gems have been added: Agile Shadowspirit Diamond
(Agility/3% critical damage)
These new recipes are unbound and can drop from any Cataclysm creature.
cool, so if they drop for any of my chars, I can send them on to the JC and
don't need to randomly farm with my priest.
* The Reputation Pane now saves which reputation categories are
expanded or collapsed.
Hm, might give me more work with Factionizer, at least if I want to add this
feature as well :)
* Console commands have been added to the login screens:
ExportInterfaceFiles art, ExportInterfaceFiles code.
So we no longer need the seperate tool for this. Nice, but not something
that was desperately needed. I didn't even know there was a console on the
login screen :)
Quests & Creatures
Tol Barad Peninsula
* Quest turn-in NPCs have been added to Baradin Base Camp and
Hellscream's Reach in Tol Barad Peninsula for the Tol Barad bonus
quests. This will allow players to turn in these quests if the
original quest givers in Tol Barad are not available.
Nice. So even if we can't hand in quests during the last 15 minutes before a
battle at least we can then hearth out, take the portal back and hand them
in without waiting for Tol Barad to belong to us again.
* Kill credit for the Tol Barad bonus quest bosses will now be
granted to players who have helped attack them, even if they are not
in the same group. These bosses include Problim, Archmage Galus,
Warden Silva, and Svarnos.
Lovely! No more queueing for those respawns.
Dun Morogh-EU (PvE) | Juran (65), Druid
Urbin (85), Hunter | Surana (70), Mage | Greeta (62), Rogue
Mymule (80), Warlock | Kordosch (75), Deathknight | Gera (26), Paladin
Sunh (80), Priest | Taalas (73), Shaman | Vargal (14), Warrior
- Re: PTR 4.0.6 Patch Notes
- From: Catriona R
- Re: PTR 4.0.6 Patch Notes
- Prev by Date: Re: PTR 4.0.6 Patch Notes
- Next by Date: Re: PTR 4.0.6 Patch Notes
- Previous by thread: Re: PTR 4.0.6 Patch Notes
- Next by thread: Re: PTR 4.0.6 Patch Notes