Re: Wireless mouse problem
- From: "Gumby951" <gumby760@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2011 11:58:03 -0800
"Burt Johnson" <burt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
John Gordon <gordon@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I tried using a new wireless mouse yesterday to play Wow and I had
The mouse worked fine on the Windows desktop, the Wow login screen and
the character select screen.
However when I actually entered the game and began to play, the mouse
cursor was so hard to move it was basically unplayable -- the cursor
like it was swimming in thick molasses. Fiddling with the in-game mouse
settings did not help.
Has anyone seen anything like this?
Your mouse is using Bluetooth to communicate. My first guess is that
your computer is bogging down under WoW and just can't keep the
Bluetooth running smoothly enough.
I was running on a pretty old Mac until a few months ago. If WoW was
running (even on the logon screen), every other process would come to a
crawl. I bought a new iMac in November and suddenly WoW has no impact on
the rest of the system at all that I can see.
I believe (don't 100% know) that WoW is optimized to use GPU. If your
computer does not have a current GPU, then the CPU has to do a lot more
1) Bring up your Video Proeferences. Turn down some of the shading and
other options. See if that helps performance.
2) Upgrade your video card
3) Buy a new PC
4) Give up and get a wired mouse again
5) Give up and move to a different game :)
Mix up the order to suit your prefs, but that is probably the order I
- Burt Johnson
I must have missed something. I didn't see where he said the game was
lagging or bogging down, just that the mouse was slow.
- Prev by Date: Re: Wireless mouse problem
- Next by Date: Re: too many linked quests in CATA... :(
- Previous by thread: Re: Wireless mouse problem
- Next by thread: Re: Wireless mouse problem