Re: Wireless mouse problem

John Gordon <gordon@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I tried using a new wireless mouse yesterday to play Wow and I had trouble.

The mouse worked fine on the Windows desktop, the Wow login screen and
the character select screen.

However when I actually entered the game and began to play, the mouse
cursor was so hard to move it was basically unplayable -- the cursor acted
like it was swimming in thick molasses. Fiddling with the in-game mouse
settings did not help.

Has anyone seen anything like this?

Your mouse is using Bluetooth to communicate. My first guess is that
your computer is bogging down under WoW and just can't keep the
Bluetooth running smoothly enough.

I was running on a pretty old Mac until a few months ago. If WoW was
running (even on the logon screen), every other process would come to a
crawl. I bought a new iMac in November and suddenly WoW has no impact on
the rest of the system at all that I can see.

I believe (don't 100% know) that WoW is optimized to use GPU. If your
computer does not have a current GPU, then the CPU has to do a lot more
work.

Thus:

1) Bring up your Video Proeferences. Turn down some of the shading and
other options. See if that helps performance.

2) Upgrade your video card

3) Buy a new PC

4) Give up and get a wired mouse again

5) Give up and move to a different game :)

Mix up the order to suit your prefs, but that is probably the order I
would check.

--
- Burt Johnson
MindStorm, Inc.

  • Re: Wireless mouse problem
    ... However when I actually entered the game and began to play, ... Your mouse is using Bluetooth to communicate. ... I believe that WoW is optimized to use GPU. ... Bring up your Video Proeferences. ...
    (alt.games.warcraft)
  • Re: Wireless mouse problem
    ... However when I actually entered the game and began to play, ... I believe that WoW is optimized to use GPU. ... Bring up your Video Proeferences. ... lagging or bogging down, just that the mouse was slow. ...
    (alt.games.warcraft)
  • Re: Distance selling, changing mind, postage costs?
    ... necessarily the best for eac different game. ... and what commands are available in the GPU to carry out ... the GPU (Direct-X being one such common layer). ... instruction set that began life an 8080 ...
    (uk.legal)
  • Re: Thoughts on PhysX....
    ... I can only see using an ATI card for vid and nVidia ... which doesn't require a separate chip (on a stand-alone card or GPU). ... you ever see the graphics in Flight Simulator X? ... The issue is that in game development, ...
    (comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action)
  • Re: FYI: Some GTX 780 3DMark 11 test results
    ... turned on have the capability of making any GPU or GPU combo VERY ... Wasn't it fairly recently that some game was trying for a bazillion fps ... something is seriously wrong if a modern card doesn't ... I run a 4.6GHz overclocked i7-2600K in my gaming machine (with CPU ...
    (comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action)