Re: too many linked quests in CATA... :(

Urbin <urbin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I have never come across grey mobs. Even now, at 85, when I go back to
Vashj'ir or Mount Hyjal, there are no grey mobs. So at least for Cata
content, grey mobs will not be a problem. Same for the worgen starting
zones.

I have hit it several times with the starting zones.

Which starting zones are those?

Goblin and Worgen. One is Alliance and one Horde, though I can't
remember which is which offhand.

The quest itself is green, but I often find myself having to kill xxx
mobs that are grey and give no XP. Not only irritating, but not much of
a challenge when they are that far below the toon.

I've only tried it with a worgen (who had some rest XP, but not a full load)
and never once saw a grey mob.

I had several...

Alternatively, once mobs in that zone are grey, move on to the next higher
zone, that is still possible.

At least it is not possible in the starting zones, which now extend to
level 20 (or more?). Do all quests before you can even find other
zones.

I was level 13 by the time I landed in Rutheran with my worgen. From then
on, it is possible to move to other zones. Goblins are the other race who
can't leave their zone until the storyline is throuhg (as are all death
knights), but all other starter zones can be left any time a character
wants, or have they changed, these as well?

I haven't redone any of the "older classes" from starting under CATA, so
not sure. I do remember DK needing to complete the entire quest line.
Though I found it a bit of a nuisance (particularly that last battle
where you just had to wait and wait and wait until it was finally over
and you were declared a winner), it was more tolerable.

Why? Because there was zero chance of outpacing the storyline. I don't
think it was possible to advance beyond 60 (61? been too long to
remember the detail exactly) before you were spit out the other end.
For a DK, that meant all mobs were yellow. You were also getting major
pluses every few battles (new talent points, new gear), which kept it
interesting and "gave you a reason" to continue, even if you had been
able to skip.

None of that is true in the Goblin/Worgen starting zones. Easy to
outpace the story. Nothing particular being gained there other than XP,
which could be gotten anywhere.

--
- Burt Johnson
MindStorm, Inc.