Re: too many linked quests in CATA... :(

Urbin <urbin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

2) If I somehow miss a single link, I am suddenly stuck until I unwind
and find out what I missed. I have spent an hour+ a couple times in
that situation. I would rather just be able to skip it and keep moving.

I have re-quested some of the old, low level zones for achievments, I have
levelled a worgen through all of his zone and I have done all 80+ zones
(except Hyjal on which I'm working) and have not once had problems with
missing a crucial quest. Maybe I was just lucky.

Hit me again tonight. I had a 19 Worgen hunter. He went into a cave,
clicked on a swirling light to enter a "nightmare world." There was a
dragon there to talk to, but he wouldn't talk to me. Everywhere I went,
I was just getting random nightmare mobs, because I could not continue.
I had missed something, and I have no idea what...

I finally just let them kill me, and found that was the only way out of
the nightmare if you couldn't talk to the dragon (at least the only way
I figured out).

fortunately it seems that was the end of a quest line, as I was then
able to head south, get another flight path and pick up some other
quests. So in this case, I wasn't forced to back up.

3) I have a couple dozen toons at various levels, factions, races and
classes, from starting out to 82. Almost all of them are at 100% rested
at any given time. No matter which one I pick to go questing, I will
very quickly be doing green and grey quests due to the 100% killing XP
bonus, unless I am able to skip quests.

I started questing through Cata content (admittedly not at rested XP) while
running about 4 or 5 instances while questing and every once in a while
doing a fair bit of archeology (which gives insane XP).

I have never come across grey mobs. Even now, at 85, when I go back to
Vashj'ir or Mount Hyjal, there are no grey mobs. So at least for Cata
content, grey mobs will not be a problem. Same for the worgen starting
zones.

I have hit it several times with the starting zones. The quest itself
is green, but I often find myself having to kill xxx mobs that are grey
and give no XP. Not only irritating, but not much of a challenge when
they are that far below the toon.

Alternatively, once mobs in that zone are grey, move on to the next higher
zone, that is still possible.

At least it is not possible in the starting zones, which now extend to
level 20 (or more?). Do all quests before you can even find other
zones.

--
- Burt Johnson
MindStorm, Inc.

  • Re: too many linked quests in CATA... :(
    ... very quickly be doing green and grey quests due to the 100% killing XP ... I started questing through Cata content while ... there are no grey mobs. ... I have hit it several times with the starting zones. ...
    (alt.games.warcraft)
  • Re: How would you make 50,000 gold?
    ... I did that on my rogue and I ws raking in the cash when I went ... to those two zones (even had a bunch of quests left in BEM when I hit 70 as ... Questing is the best way to make money. ... At level 70, most quests ...
    (alt.games.warcraft)
  • Re: How would you make 50,000 gold?
    ... I did that on my rogue and I ws raking in the cash when I went ... to those two zones (even had a bunch of quests left in BEM when I hit 70 as ... Aye, I did that, I did even better on my hunter: I stopped questing at ... At level 70, most quests ...
    (alt.games.warcraft)
  • Re: WotLK and the MMO competition
    ... 61, and I can play non-stop all the time, as the TBC zones are really ... I wonder how WotLK is going to play the game pace card, ... wonderful sceneries in the spirit of the earlier WoW "travel quests"? ... And how does WotLK actually play, for those with beta/alpha access, ...
    (alt.games.warcraft)
  • Re: Should I skip Stormwind?
    ... >>> took a tram to StormWind and got several quests given me there. ... >> If you like questing in human lands, the next step for you would be ... > (when I first saw Stonewrought Dam with Urbin I was seriously impressed) ... Somehow doing all the quests in the dwarven zones does not advance my ...
    (alt.games.warcraft)