Ding 85 - how to max out my play now

So I dinged 85 and now have a few other goals on this char before moving to
my other chars.

I'll want to do the other zones for the loremaster, I'll want to work on
reps, see all dungeons on normal and gear up for heroics. Should keep me
nice and busy :)

Besides that, there are a few number crunching questions.

HUNTER STATS

So, what are the new hunter stats. STA and AGI are pretty obvious, however,
I'm wondering about secondary stats. I assume +hit is still prime stat until
hit cap is reached. Am I right in thinking that I still need to reach +8%?
My melee stat pane tells me that with 825 hit (+6.87) I have 0% misses on a
level 87 mob and 1.13% on a boss/level 88 mob. The numbers seem to suggest
8% still is it then. That should be easily obtainable with a few more
upgrades.

What after that? Is +crit still the SV hunters prime stat after hit cap? Or
are haste or mastery more important? I won't be raiding (at least not
regularly), so stats for heroic 5-mans are what I need (with that in mind,
my hit is already fine I guess).

HUNTER ROTATION

What is the recommended "rotation" for SV hunters these days? I usually do

1) hunter's mark + pet attack
2) black arrow
3) serpent sting
4) explosive shot
5) cobra shot until enough focus is gained
repeat 4 and 5 until mob is below 20% when I'll work in a kill shot when its
CD is up

Anything else to do? I no longer use steady shot at all, as cobra shot seems
to do more damage and rewinds serpent sting.

HUNTER TALENTS
I have a wild levelling SV spec that could probably be improved into a
cookie cutter spec, I'll look into this one of these days.

Thanks for any feedback.

Cheers
Urbin
--
Dun Morogh-EU (PvE) | Juran (65), Druid
Urbin (85), Hunter | Surana (70), Mage | Greeta (62), Rogue

  • Re: +hit gear
    ... As a hunter, I am currently dual wielding, but mainly for stats. ... Except, I am not sure, does +hit also apply to ranged attacks of a hunter? ... For example when you're the last DPS guy standing at a boss with a few ...
    (alt.games.warcraft)
  • Re: Stupidest CSI I think Ive seen SPOILERS
    ... Hunter wrote: ... he going to time his shot just right, so the shot went between the all ... the spinning horses? ... them but there was a chance the bullet would hit Haskell. ...
    (rec.arts.tv)
  • Re: Warriors suck, part 2
    ... other two stats. ... At low levels don't be afraid to wear a little leather ... instead of wowing them with a rare high-damage hit. ... you can wear gear 5-10 levels below and still be a decent DPS class .. ...
    (alt.games.warcraft)
  • Re: Confused by Hunters pants
    ... The only thing that goes up is his crit chance, ... By having more sta, you have more health, enabling you to survive harder ... In the end, most of those stats benefit you in some way a hunter, the ones ...
    (alt.games.warcraft)
  • Re: Usenet question for those who have been around for a while
    ... Is there someplace where you can find a group's stats. ... keep a sort of total running in Google but does that count everyone, ... web site hit counters are typically not very accurate -- ... For the web site I own that I ...
    (alt.support.chronic-pain)