Re: Ping Urbin

On 19/10/2010 11:43, Dave Weaver wrote:
On 2010-10-19, Mark (newsgroups)<marknewsgroups@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

What is the problem with FuBar? I still use it, and I admit, I haven't
tried to change or configure anything since the patch, but it still
seems to work fine for me, display-wise at least.

I switched to ButtonBin before the patch, so perhaps nothing's wrong with
FuBar per se, but I find that an awful lot of addons have LDB support these
days, so I decided to go for an LDB display instead of FuBar.

I find sometimes I get so fond of an old addon that I don't even bother
looking at alternatives then, when I accidentally stumble on to a fantastic
alternative I wonder why I didn't do that earlier. A case in point is
Engbags - I loved that addon and didn't even look for other bag addons until
the patch forced me too. Now I use ArkInventory, which is like EngBags on
steroids, and I wish I'd found it ages ago.

But if FuBar still suits you and does what you want, stick with it.

Well, I'm open to explore alternatives, it's just that I have seen a lot of people saying they've switched to something else from FuBar, so I assumed it must be broken in some way.

On this note, I switched to VuhDo when Grid stopped working, and kind of like it so far. Thing is, I haven't played any of my healing classes (still trying to work out the changes to my mage and rogue), so haven't set up any click casts. I wonder if Grid is working again but from someone who switched, what are the benefits of staying with VuhDo?

  • Re: Ping Urbin
    ... What is the problem with FuBar? ... tried to change or configure anything since the patch, ... Engbags - I loved that addon and didn't even look for other bag addons until ...
    (alt.games.warcraft)
  • Re: broken addons
    ... with either A the next patch because of UI changes, ... here's a collection of BC-beta addons. ... I've replaced most of the CTRA functionality ... Currently I'm playing a bit around with X-Pearl raidframes. ...
    (alt.games.warcraft)
  • Re: A better set of addons and mods?
    ... the bar is not present so I have to ... All the FuBar addons should be able to be set to the ... I'm mostly using Ace addons nowadays, and the only 2 things on ... my minimap are Trinity's config button and the Blizzard default tracking ...
    (alt.games.warcraft)
  • Re: Any ACE Addons recommendations?
    ... oRa2 + misc addons instead of CTRA ... Fubar instead of Titan Panel ... - PerfectRaid (minimalistic raid frame that shows only info that would ... - Prat (chat mod with many many cool improvement to the default chat ...
    (alt.games.warcraft)
  • World of Bugcraft 4.0.1
    ... Since the last patch wow is bugged more than ever in the last 5 years.. ... Whenever I click on anything clickable (mage table, summon portal, BG objectives like WSG flag) the game freezes and the only thing I can do is alt+tab crash wow and restart all... ... Also the water effect is bugged for me and works only in the lowest setting, wow automaticly puts a higher value as reccomanded but it's not working at all and I dont see the water but all the terrain blends into the water making all look terrible... ... I don't have enabled load out of date addons and the addons I have are all updated ones but judging from what I saw it's not an addon problem... ...
    (alt.games.warcraft)