dHe_n.18811$3%3.2709@xxxxxxxxxxxx :
On 11-Jul-2010, C J Campbell
<christophercampbellremovethis@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 2010-07-10 07:40:31 -0700, "ArtDent" <par@xxxxxxxxxxxx> said:

On 10-Jul-2010, "Thomas Hejl Pilgaard" <t.pilgaard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

ArtDent <par@xxxxxxxxxxxx> declared in:
0_KZn.8714$wm1.3857@xxxxxxxxxxxx :

we may also disclose your personal information to a third party if we
decide to sell a line of business to that third party,

That's not really my point tho.
When I signed up, I was *explicitly promised* my personal info would
never be shared.
They seem to have done a complete 180 degree shift in policy
regarding that.

No, I think that's a very unfair judgement.

That line I left in above is what 'scares' me.
It seems to say that they think they can sell my info as a line of business.
Which is indeed a 180 degree shift from 'we will never share your info' that
they promised when I created my account.
I agree they do not have a history of screwing their customers.
When they were Blizzard alone.
I pay them a monthly fee, if they need to make more money off / from me at
least they should give me the option of 'matching' whatever they think my
info is worth.
I may be willing to pay a higher monthly fee to keep my info private like
they promised in the first place.

--
Don't Panic!

  • Re: Whats a Brinks 4000?
    ... also are they going to pay for a repair agreement ... Explain that you are in business to make money just like they are ... allow people to cheat you as it is to cheat others. ... is because its true its easy to sell. ...
    (alt.security.alarms)
  • Re: Whats a Brinks 4000?
    ... Crash Gordon ... also are they going to pay for a repair agreement ... Explain that you are in business to make money just like they are ... is because its true its easy to sell. ...
    (alt.security.alarms)
  • Re: Harry Potter - Not a spoiler
    ... If I pay for a book, albeit as little as possible, then it's nobody's business but my own if I subsequently sell it. ... I would never sell a book which came to me through BookCrossing because I feel it goes against the spirit of BC. ...
    (uk.media.radio.archers)
  • Re: Whats a Brinks 4000?
    ... Crash Gordon ... |>> If I ever wrote a proposal like this, I'd not sell a damn thing. ... also are they going to pay for a repair agreement ... Explain that you are in business to make money just like they are ...
    (alt.security.alarms)
  • Re: Greed (Re: I am proud to be from Davao)
    ... >> The labor market dictates how much I pay - if I cannot find people to ... and the people who would love the jobs ... Which of the above choices do you think the small business person will ...
    (soc.culture.filipino)