Do I suck at healing?
- From: Urbin <urbin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: 16 Jun 2010 13:49:57 GMT
After my druid tank has hit 60 and completed strat (live & undead) and
scholo once I sent him to recover in Moonglade and went back to my Shaman
who had been sitting at 53ish for a while.
I brought him to 60 fairly quickly, thanks to rest XP I had to only run DM
East about 4 or 5 times (instead of a dozen times with my druid). I wonder
why I never got West or North or even Strat or Scholo from 55-60. DM East
only. *shudder* And everything is nature immune, too.
Anyway, it was less of a problem with the Shammy and I have now progressed
to level 65 which means I have been running Mana Tombs about 3 or 4 times
and have just been to Auchenai Crypts twice.
And I have made a disturbing discovery. I run out of mana. People die. I
suck at healing.
Seriously, levelling from 15 to 60 as a healer purely using /lfg has been a
walk in the park. I usually had mana to spare to do a little damage on the
side (usually around 4%).
Now, I suddenly find that I end trash pulls at half mana and have to sit
down after every second group or so. Also, I've occasionally had tanks (or
other group members) die on me because my heal took too long to finish.
I am starting to wonder what the cause could be. I have several theories:
1. BC instances are harder compared to vanilla instances
2. The tanks I have are worse geared or badly specced and are therefore
taking more damage than they should, hence draining more of my mana
3. I am badly geared or badly specced
4. I put priorities on the wrong stats
4. My healing "rotation" sucks
5. I just suck full stop
My character is Taalas on Dun Morogh EU if you want to check him out in the
- I wanted to get Tidal Waves and Riptide
- my next point goes into 2/2 Imp Earth Shield
- should I put my next points in Nature's Blessing for more int based
- or is it better to put them into Totemic Focus to reduce the mana cost of
my totems? So far I didn't see the point in this but lately it seems
constantly casting my totems only to move on too far to still use them
on the next group is making a considerable dent in my mana pool. And
yes, I am using Totemic Recall to get 25% mana back when discarding
the old totems.
- I believe with a competent tank there should be no need for Healing Grace,
Healing Focus and Nature's Guardian as I expect not to be beaten upon
(though occasionally that is a vain hope :) Is it worth putting points
in these or should I rather spend them in the other two trees? I've got
pretty much everything else in the resto tree maxed out.
- my main heal is Chain Heal, even if only the tank is taking damage, as it
heals for about the same amount as Lesser Healing Wave and only uses
minimally more mana. It has the advantage of covering others, should they be
taking damage shortly before the heal finishes and it also winds up Tidal
- I use Lesser Healing Wave if Tidal Waves is up and only the tank is taking
- I use Healing Wave if the tank is missing a big chunk of health
- I have a macro for Nature's Swiftness/Tidal Forces/Healing Wave to
insta-heal the tank in emergencies, however this has a 2 and 3 minute
- only just having gotten Riptide I keep forgetting to use it. What is the
best moment to use it?
- same with Earth Shield. Had it for a while but keep forgetting to apply it
- chain heal: 1.7-1.9k depending on buffs
- lesser healing wave: 1.7-2k depending on buffs
- healing wave: 3.7-4.1k depending on buffs
Are these values ok for level 65?
381 Healing bonus
16.3% Crit chance
I'm not quite sure how to set priorities. At the moment I am putting a focus
on +sp for healing bonus and on +int for mana pool and crit chance. Should I
favour +spi/+mp5 for regen? I used to be out of the 5 second rule for quite
some time healing in vanilla instances but since Coilfang Reservoir and now
Auchindon I seem to rarely be out of it anymore. What is the recommended
- +SP over +Int/Crit over +spi/mp5
- +SP over +Spi/Mp5 over +Int/Crit
- +Spi/Mp5 over +SP over +Int/Crit
I didn't find anything on this on wowwiki.
- Glyph of Water Mastery (for better regen)
- Glyph of Healing Wave (keep me alive while healing others)
- locked (I plan to get either Riptide or Chain Heal)
- Glyph of Water Shield (for better regen)
- Glyph of Water Walking (used more often than water breathing, save space
- locked (I plan to get Astral Recall)
Any comments or suggestions are welcome.
Dun Morogh-EU (PvE)
Urbin (80), Hunter | Surana (70), Mage | Juran (62), Druid
Mymule (80), Warlock | Kordosch (65), Deathknight | Taalas (65), Shaman
Sunh (80), Priest | Greeta (50), Rogue | Gera (26), Paladin
- Prev by Date: Re: Duplicating an UI to other chars
- Next by Date: Re: Balancing factions for Wintergrasp
- Previous by thread: Duplicating an UI to other chars
- Next by thread: Re: Do I suck at healing?