Re: Patch 3.3.5

On 19 May 2010 15:08:25 GMT, Urbin wrote:
I haven't seen anyone else post this, but I got an e-mail from curse with a
link to the 3.3.5 patch notes:

Just out of curiosity, last night my login screen said today (EU) was going
to be a maintenance day (5am-11am). Does anyone know what it was for? I
don't suppose it would already be 3.3.5, that only seemed to go live on the
test realm a few days ago...

General

* The Ruby Sanctum, an all-new 10- and 25-player raid featuring normal
and Heroic difficulties, is now available for testing! Players will find
the dungeon entrance below Wyrmrest Temple in Dragonblight.

Ah, nothing I'm likely to see anytime soon :) But probably nice for raiders
who have killed the lich king already.

User Interface

* Chat Frame
o Players can now right-click on any chat type (Whisper, Trade,
General, Party, Raid, etc.) and choose the Pop Out Chat option. This
will move that chat type to a separate tab in the Chat frame which can
be undocked and moved anywhere on the screen.

Ah, that is nice. Of course this was possible today, but took a bit more
fiddling around.

+ Using the Pop Out Chat option on a Whisper will place the
conversation with that player in a separate tab.
+ Any time a conversation with another player is put into its own tab,
the tab will glow when a new message is received.

Cool.

o Hovering over the Chat Frame and using the mouse wheel will allow
players to scroll through chat text.

Very nice!

o The Simple Chat User Interface option has been removed.

Shame. Not that I used it much, but it was one simple way to restore a
messed up chat frame.

* Friends List
o A new icon has been added to the top left of the Chat Frame which will
open up the Friends list.

No big deal, I have already keybound it anyway.

o In addition to its current functionality, the Friends List will now
allow players to add Battle.net accounts (Real ID). Players will have to
confirm that they are friends in order for a Real ID to be added.

I wonder where I'd get the Real ID from. Or do I just right click on a
player and choose "add real id as friend"?

Once Real ID friends, players can communicate cross-game,
cross-faction and cross-realm.

That sounds cool. I guess this means I only have to add a friend once and
will then see if he is online on any of his chars, even if I don't know
about those chars?
Extremely cool for guild members who want to try out the horde side of
things, so I can still be in touch with them!

o Players can now select from three statuses which will be visible to
their friends: Available, Away and Busy.

Ah, brilliant.

o A Broadcast window has been added to the top of the frame. Players can
use this to broadcast a message to all of their Real ID friends online.
This message will also be displayed under the broadcaster.s Real ID
information in each friend.s list.

I wonder if my friends can then respond to this message and who might see
such a response. If that is possible, it practically becomes a "guild chat"
for friends across guilds. Though it might just be a one-way communication
method. Still, nice to let all my friends know that I am looking for
somebody to do whatever I am doing.

Cheers
Urbin
--
Dun Morogh-EU (PvE)
Urbin (80), Hunter | Surana (70), Mage | Juran (50), Druid

  • Patch 3.3.5
    ... The latest patch notes can always be found at ... Players can now right-click on any chat type (Whisper, Trade, ... open up the Friends list. ...
    (alt.games.warcraft)
  • Re: Patch 3.3.5
    ... I'd assume it was just standard maintenance? ... players to scroll through chat text. ... allow players to add Battle.net accounts. ... confirm that they are friends in order for a Real ID to be added. ...
    (alt.games.warcraft)
  • Re: Patch 3.3.5
    ... I'd assume it was just standard maintenance? ... o Players can now right-click on any chat type (Whisper, Trade, ... General, Party, Raid, etc.) and choose the Pop Out Chat option. ... confirm that they are friends in order for a Real ID to be added. ...
    (alt.games.warcraft)
  • Re: Dungeon Finder
    ... they made it so a low level character could request you to ... Then they introduced flashback, ... Flashbacked players early no XP, ... City of Heroes was meant to be played with your real life friends ...
    (alt.games.warcraft)
  • Re: 7 Cheap Online Player Protections
    ... Friends Lists if you play with friends online then you have to disclose it ... They can even mark the players as friends so other players ... Not Possible to manipulate any card in the deck - hole cards and board cards. ...
    (rec.gambling.poker)