Re: Retri Paladin vs Frost Mage

I think it was "Shiflet" <rshiflet@xxxxxxxxxxx> that wrote something
like...

"C J Campbell" <christophercampbellremovethis@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:2010012417240575249-christophercampbellremovethis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Few mages will use Blizzard more than once in a fight -- I use Omen and
what Blizzard does to aggro is spectacular.

Maybe you need a new tank? I've seen well geared mages in randoms blizz
multiple times without ever pulling aggro, but in those instances, we also
had a good tank.

Use it twice and every mob in the area will be on you and your friend, the
healer.

Not in the runs I've done. Must be a tank thing.

That'd be my thought too. I'm playing my mage fire at the moment
(only level 71) and I'll run in not that far behind the tank, cast
dragon's breath, Flamestrike, Blast Wave, Flamestrike, cone of cold
and I *might* have agroed one out of 3 or 4 mobs. Sometimes.

But Pally's get 30% threat reduction from talents while frost mages
only get 10% from what I can see. (At least if wowheads talent
calculator is up to date.) So a Mage is going to have to wait a bit
longer before starting dps than a Pally is to prevent pulling ago. (if
they have a tank that they actually *can* pull agro from.)

Ashen Shugar
The moon by day, and the sun by night.
Blind woman, deaf man, jackdaw fool.
Let the Lord of Chaos rule!

  • Re: Playing a Warlock...
    ... I ran normal mech this weekend with a paladin tank and 2 mages. ... would grab aggro, mages would use blizzard, I would tab target around ... Ahh yes I love SoC, when I did BM to get my Kara key I had a pally tanking ...
    (alt.games.warcraft)
  • Re: DPS Classes: Why should I heal you?
    ... Ohh, you're not a tank? ... You just skewed Thomas' argument quite a lot. ... mages sorted sheeping/tanking/aoe and I healed. ... person he was responding to. ...
    (alt.games.warcraft)
  • Re: WoW with my wife
    ... armor with healing ... if just 2 of you I think you need 1 that can play a tank role and one that can ... you could have fun and still clear most if you did. ... No mages if just 2 of you, ...
    (alt.games.warcraft)
  • Re: Playing a Warlock...
    ... for Kara or PvP) and I grouped with a Warlock. ... tank about the same... ... Naomh - Draenei Priest (lvl 70) ... I ran normal mech this weekend with a paladin tank and 2 mages. ...
    (alt.games.warcraft)
  • Re: Mages... and pet elementals?
    ... act as a tank, would break the class concept of a mage. ... Considering all the NPC mages who run around with elementals, ... If you really want a strong pet and to deal ...
    (alt.games.warcraft)