Re: What will make you ditch a group?

On Dec 30 2009, 1:38 am, cryptoguy <treifam...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

What will make you leave a group?

I have only ever left a group once, and that was because the dungeon
was clearly going nowhere. I got summoned as a replacement healer for
Oculus. I entered to a huge name-calling argument between the DK tank
and another DK. The DPS DK and the Ret Paladin were from the same
guild/server, and were doing . . . I don't know what.

The Ret Paladin would mount his drake, then aggro an Elite dragon,
then bring it back to the party. Or he would just die. Over and over.
No sooner would I rez him than I'd get the notification that he died
again. I think he was deliberately aggroing the Elite dragons. The
tank would pull groups with no one there but me. So I'd heal and heal.
The DPS all seemed to be mounted and flying . . . somewhere else in
the dungeon. At one point after one set of mobs, I looked up to see
the second DK DPS fall from his killed drake and die. He then left the
party. He hadn't said a single word. Before I left, the entire
instance consisted of the tank and I fighting trash while the DPS flew
around on their drakes.

Now, I don't leave because I don't want to wait around for
replacements, but there are several behaviors I dislike. Namely, as a
healer, not waiting for my mana, even when I've said in party chat,
"Need mana". Or starting a boss fight - or any fight for that matter -
when I'm three screens away. Then wondering why you died.

Interestingly, these and other rude behaviors I tend to see mainly
from Starcallers and Twilight Vanquishers. Not very scientific, I
know, but whenever I get a group and someone has this title, I tend to
inwardly groan.

--
Jill

  • Re: LFG - Think a change is in order?
    ... after 45 minutes or so in a que. ... I think only DPS should have that option. ... My priest is healer, mostly because of the quicker dungeon queues, otherwise I would be playing as shadow DPS. ... Perhaps something along these lines might work, but the downsides are as you say, fewer tanks and healers wanting to queue for PUGs, and also, I just plain don't want to tolerate some groups. ...
    (alt.games.warcraft)
  • Re: Fare thee well!
    ... dungeon - had never been there on any of my toons - so I had no way of ... What he said...It's much easier to "blend in" as dps, ... or read the chat if the tank specifies something else. ... many tanks que as dps the first couple times ...
    (alt.games.warcraft)
  • Re: Undergeared in heroics
    ... and you should end up getting into a group a bit quicker as a dps. ... have to pull it as a random, so you run a specific dungeon once on reg, ... Fine if it's tank but do you REALLY want a poor lvl 70 ... that realm, whatever dungeon that toon has run on heroics, the heroics ...
    (alt.games.warcraft)
  • Re: Undergeared in heroics
    ... and you should end up getting into a group a bit quicker as a dps. ... have to pull it as a random, so you run a specific dungeon once on reg, ... Problem there is when you have lvl 80s queueing for Utgarde keep ... that realm, whatever dungeon that toon has run on heroics, the heroics ...
    (alt.games.warcraft)