Re: DPS HELP and advice
- From: Urbin <urbin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: 27 Oct 2009 12:40:47 GMT
On Mon, 26 Oct 2009 17:36:10 -0700 (PDT), Da 4 Horsemen. wrote:
So this is my first character at 80 that I actually have been
concentrating on getting better gear and doing more dungeons, but I
have a problem.. 80 dps warrior speced . I have mostly 80 purples
(Reg Toc, and Heroic Farming, most item ratings are 187 (I believe)
and above. Not the greatest gear, but decent. My attack power is
about 3600, and hits 4K with raid buffs.
With recount I'm barely pulling over 2K DPS. I hear things for 25 Toc
you need atleast 4K DPS. Even when I give it my all, I barely pull
2k. Am I doing wrong combos? Or just need better gear?
Not playing a warrior I can not give you specific advice but a few general
You might want to post your armoury link so people can look at your gear and
I posted a very similar question here about my hunter dps. I managed to
bring it up from about 1.3k to about 2.4-2.8k with little effort thanks to
advice from the group.
Things to look at:
- talent spec: do you have the right spec? You mention a PvP spec. Maybe you
are "wasting" talent points for PvP skills that make it impossible to get
necessary DPS talents?
- enchants & sockets: what stats do you aim for, are they the right ones?
- gear: you mention item level 187. That is the lowest Northrend item level
range, so that probably explains a lot. For comparison, my hunter is in item
level 200-213-219-223 epics and does not reach 3k dps (though my
enchants/gems are not ideal for raiding as I mostly solo; and then I might
just suck :-)
- rotation: are you using the right spells in the right order
Measuring DPS is still a fairly new concept to me, as before I was
just concentrating on getting to 80, not knowing much about stats.
Get Recount and look at it after a fight. It will tell you which of your
abilites is used how often, what % of total damage it did, how often it
crits etc. Then look at another warrior with comparable gear and higher dps
to see where the differences are. This should give you some ideas.
Any advice would be appreciated.Thanks in advance.
As I said, not playing a warrior I cannot comment on stats, spec or
rotation, but I hope the general hints help you anyway.
Dun Morogh-EU (PvE)
Urbin (80), Dwarven Hunter | Surana (64), Draenei Mage
Mymule (80), Gnomish Warlock | Kordosch (65), Human Death Knight
Sunh (78), Nightelven Priest | Juran (33), Nightelven Druid
- DPS HELP and advice
- From: Da 4 Horsemen.
- DPS HELP and advice
- Prev by Date: Re: This guy was in my VOA raid
- Next by Date: Re: Moving my install form XP to Windows 7
- Previous by thread: Re: DPS HELP and advice
- Next by thread: This guy was in my VOA raid