Got my Violet Protodrake!

Just gleeful.

Getting the Hallowed Helm in the Hallow's End even was the only
standing between me the the 310% VPD mount from the 'What A Long
Strange Trip It's Been' meta-meta achievement, on which I'd been
working for an entire year. The HH drops at a moderate rate from the
Headless Horseman daily, and at a low rate from the hourly Treat Bags,
and the daily Crudely Wrapped Gifts.

Server reset was at 6AM here, and I got out of bed at 6:45, 7:50,
8:55, and 9 AM, did the Treat bag and went back to bed. Got 'tricked'
and treated twice each. At 9:30 ran the HH daily with guildies, but no
helm. Returned to Goldshire, and the 10:05 run got me a Sinister
Squashling, the other rare drop, but I already had it, so it was
useless. I then got managed the 'Smashing Pumpkin' daily, which yields
the Crudely Wrapped Gift. I opened it, and BAM! Autoloot was on, so I
didn't even get to gloat - I suddenly had 3 achievements - the one for
getting the Helm and Squashling, the meta for Hallow's End, and
WALSTIB.

Just gleeful.

pt

  • Re: If One Tries to Trick or Treat for the Squashling Every Single Hour...
    ... As the squashling was the last thing missing for my "the hallowed" title (I ... I would log in right after getting up for the trick or treat bag, ... struggle to get the helm and for others it was the opposite. ... -> several hallowed helms but no squashling ...
    (alt.games.warcraft)
  • Re: The Preserved Brewfest Hops is Broken?
    ... Squashling for a Violent Proto Drake. ... That's almost exactly where I was a year ago, except I needed the helm. ... toothpick yet for the Sparkling Smile achievement. ... my younger son's hunter who might have been about level 20 ...
    (alt.games.warcraft)
  • Re: Got my Violet Protodrake!
    ... Getting the Hallowed Helm in the Hallow's End even was the only ... 8:55, and 9 AM, did the Treat bag and went back to bed. ... Squashling, the other rare drop, but I already had it, so it was ... treat bag or the Crudely Wrapped Gift in Goldshire. ...
    (alt.games.warcraft)
  • Re: No Squashling This Year
    ... Three of the family toons got either the squashling or helm. ... One of my toons had 4 stacks of toothpicks at the end of the event. ...