Re: Is BlackSmithing Worth it

Matthew <iamacatslaveand@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

"Miikka" <nope@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:h52ic4$jdh$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Steve Kaye <nospam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I think that I read that they intend to fix that in the next patch by
buffing the end-game benefits of the other professions.

They are buffing the other professions, but as we are getting epic
gems in the patch also, the benefit from blacksmithing sockets gets
increased automatically too. So in the end the relative strength is
the same. The one thing that is getting nerfed a bit is Jewelcrafting
bonuses: their BoP gems won't be prismatic anymore.

--
"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on
society." -Mark Twain

Umm not nerfed buffed

Jewelcrafting
a.. Dragon's Eye gems stat bonuses increased.

These are in line with the other tradeskill buffs. What is not mentioned
in the notes is that in the PTR the cut Dragon's Eye gems only match one
color. ie. Runed Dragon's Eye (http://ptr.wowhead.com/?item=42144) only
matches a red socket. In the live realms they are prismatic and match
any socket. What this meant was that when fulfilling meta-gem requirements
and making better socket bonuses to work, a jewelcrafter could replace
the otherwise sub-optimal gems with Dragon's Eyes. After the patch
they can't do that anymore, so it is somewhat of a nerf but only really
to balance the benefit compared to other tradeskills.

b.. New recipes have been added for cutting epic gems and can be purchased
using Dalaran Jewelcrafter's tokens.
c.. Icy Prism now has a chance of yielding an epic gem.
d.. Raw epic gems can be obtained via the following means:
a.. Prospecting Titanium Ore
b.. Alchemy transmutations
c.. Purchased with honor
d.. Purchased with Emblems of Heroism

And these are a significant buff to a jewelcrafter's gold making
potential, at least at the start if you're prepared. :D

--
"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on
society." -Mark Twain

  • Re: Best Gems for the Hallowed Raiment Set?
    ... the requirements for the meta socket or even for the socket bonus. ... My take on gems is royal nightseye is your best friend. ... budgets work, it really should be 9 healing and 1.5 mp5, but it was rounded ... Naomh - Draenei Priest (lvl 70) ...
    (alt.games.warcraft)
  • Re: Gems colours and socket bonuses
    ... The piont of the sockets was for customization. ... Its up to you to decide if the socket bonus is ... and there are corresponding colored gems. ...
    (alt.games.warcraft)
  • Re: Socketing stuff.
    ... I have JC'er but only 42 so far, so can't cut gems. ... You can put any color gem in any socket, but you only get the item's ... prerequisite gems, what happens to the meta-gem that I've already socketed? ...
    (alt.games.warcraft)
  • Re: Gems colours and socket bonuses
    ... Is the socket bonus and gem colours a complete waste of time, ... because they don't FORCE you to put in gems of the required color. ... pile on +healing gems and enchants. ...
    (alt.games.warcraft)
  • Re: Re Merciless gladiator mail helm
    ... particular case above is yellow gem from pvp rewards +10% spell strike ... rating obviously its not cos helm got red socket and not yellow. ... The only exception are meta gems - you can put them only in meta ...
    (alt.games.warcraft)