how much DPS should my hunter be doing?

at level 62?

i downloaded the dpsmeter addon and last night soloing in hellfire i
was doing about 280 average (both hunter and pet). my hunter is beast
specced and has a tiger pet and is using whatever I can get off AH
(currently using a hurricane). I upgrade to whatever I can afford on
AH or whatever is given as quest reward, whichever is better. The only
instance Ive been in was Zul Farak to get the carrot.

I got a couple bows off AH but I cant use until 70 and 77 so I got a
little ways to go until I can use those to help out but I am noticing
a drop in dps lately....just cant seem to kill fast enought to keep
from getting swarmed in some parts of hellfire peninsula and i know
how snobbish teams are so I dont expect to get invited to instances (i
have a mixture of gear...only a couple purples and blues....the weird
thing is, i find some green items that are a lot better mixture of
stats than stuff i see on AH. i think what makes blue and purple items
"better" are other stats thrown in and the ability to use them at
lower levels....that and the perceived need to have all purple items
to join an instance)

  • Re: how much DPS should my hunter be doing?
    ... was doing about 280 average (both hunter and pet). ... specced and has a tiger pet and is using whatever I can get off AH ... stats than stuff i see on AH. ... lower levels....that and the perceived need to have all purple items ...
    (alt.games.warcraft)
  • Re: Hunter newbie observations and questions
    ... > how to play my Dwarf hunter. ... > switching constantly between humanoids, beasts, hidden, and chests ... > complaints about pet food and ammo are becoming issues. ... The issue in mind is using +1% crit ...
    (alt.games.warcraft)
  • Re: Car crashing
    ... Dwarf hunter and his pet there and we hooked up for the quest. ... DPS knowing that he/she can hold off a few more seconds on me and end ... And then there is when I died because of the mistakes of dps classes ...
    (alt.games.warcraft)
  • Re: Hunter newbie observations and questions
    ... You're losing a lot 95% of the time though:) As hunter even if you ... I know my target, and want to keep track of it among others, simply ... > complaints about pet food and ammo are becoming issues. ... before, now it's easy to waste it (unintended crit autoshot on the add, ...
    (alt.games.warcraft)
  • Re: So - Hows the Hunting?
    ... > Is the Hunter as good as ever Is it better? ... a PvE (probably another cat, ... in PvP by the pet alone. ... One Crawler is now on me. ...
    (alt.games.warcraft)