Re: Undergeared players in Heroics

Skipai Otter <skipaiotter@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

"Steve Kaye" <nospam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:h0u3nh$236$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
The other night I tanked Heroic Violet Hold with my DK. We had a few bad
starts where the healer DC'd and then we replaced him and got going.

The new healer seemed undergeared to me. I didn't inspect him but I was
often low on health and had to use my cooldowns very often to stay alive.

On the last group before the last boss I noticed a strength buff drop off
me that I shouldn't have had. Oh oh. I checked my character sheet and
I'd got Rune of the Fallen Crusader (a dps rune) on my weapon instead of
Rune of the Stoneskin Gargoyle (a tanking rune). This left me with 515
defense instead of the required 535 and left me crittable and dropped my
avoidance by 2% as well.

Don't you just hate it when an undergeared player joins your heroic group?
:P

So question.

Considering that some think that non-heroic instance runs are undergeared as
well, how does one even manage to get onto the bare minimal requirements to
even do heroics?

Beginning to think that some instance runs are like the housing market.
Very hard to get onto the bottom rung of the ladder unless you've capped
levelled up within a week and have been there from day one to have enough
gold to buy all the expensive gear to get started.

You find people to run with who care more about hanging out with you than
what you can easily accomplish.

The thing about PUGs is they're very result-oriented. They want to get
something from the instance as quickly and as easily as possible. So they
do want to take chances on any more variables as possible.[1]

There's a reason that I tend to only run instances with guildies.

[1] And before anyone jumps on me, let me state for the record that this
is a perfectly valid goal, and that the choices people with that goal
make are entirely reasonable in that context.

--
Rob Wynne / The Autographed Cat / doc@xxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.autographedcat.com/ / http://autographedcat.livejournal.com/

  • Re: Undergeared players in Heroics
    ... The new healer seemed undergeared to me. ... I'd got Rune of the Fallen Crusader on my weapon instead of ... what you can easily accomplish. ... There's a reason that I tend to only run instances with guildies. ...
    (alt.games.warcraft)
  • Re: Undergeared players in Heroics
    ... The new healer seemed undergeared to me. ... and I'd got Rune of the Fallen Crusader on my weapon ... for heroics in WotLK. ... quest gear with crafted and reputation gear. ...
    (alt.games.warcraft)
  • Re: Undergeared players in Heroics
    ... The new healer seemed undergeared to me. ... I'd got Rune of the Fallen Crusader on my weapon instead of ... Don't you just hate it when an undergeared player joins your heroic group? ...
    (alt.games.warcraft)
  • Re: Undergeared players in Heroics
    ... The new healer seemed undergeared to me. ... I checked my character sheet and I'd got Rune of the Fallen Crusader on my weapon instead of Rune of the Stoneskin Gargoyle. ... Considering that some think that non-heroic instance runs are undergeared as well, how does one even manage to get onto the bare minimal requirements to even do heroics? ... Each of my 3 level 80 characters was able to do heroics by boosting their quest gear with crafted and reputation gear. ...
    (alt.games.warcraft)
  • Re: Extracting contacts from public folders
    ... Rune wrote: ... > making af scriptet export, on the exchange server, or on a client. ... > of problems making it work. ... Is it something you need to do on a regular basis for some reason? ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.admin)