Re: Download (I Think) Question

On Thu, 28 May 2009 11:56:07 -0700 (PDT), neithskye
<jill_bookerGREENEGGSANDSPAM@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I bought a new computer today and will be picking it up in three
hours.

One thing I am not looking forward to is re-installing WoW from all
three CDs (original game times two expansions), not to mention all the
patch time, not to mention I'm not entirely sure where my CDs are. I
remember when I first got WoW, it took something like six hours to
install due to patches.

A guildie mentioned that if I have an account, there is some Web site
I can go to and download . . . something from there, so I don't have
to re-install from all the CDs.

Unfortunately he had to leave, then wasn't on last night, so I
couldn't get any further information. Does anyone know what he is
talking about? Obviously I'd be very happy if I didn't have to do the
install from the CDs.

You can just copy and paste the folder from your old computer if you
have some way of transferring the files (assuming your old one didn't
die) - the game doesn't have to actually be installed as such, just
copying an existing installation should work fine.
--
EU-Draenor:
Sagart (80 Undead Priest)

  • Re: Recovery CD(s) for HP Pavilion 512n
    ... Jim ... > Hp has a set of about 8 restoration CDs. ... >> So, I started checking at HP's website, and it looks like the "recovery ... >> I would try an XP install, using the product key on the side of the ...
    (comp.sys.hp.hardware)
  • Re: Mounting CDs -repost
    ... Playing CDs problem. ... Aram Agajanian poses a solution for the Audio CD problem and it works. ... Do a rpmbuild -bp then a rpmbuild -bb ... Install the files created udev, ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: No CDs for Update HELP Requested
    ... Time after time questions like these appear on this newsgroup and the advice ... Make/copy number of CDs required for distribution to each department; ... Now when we are attempting to install the Office ...
    (microsoft.public.office.setup)
  • Re: Using LightScribe on Debian?
    ... the only way to do that properly is with an inkjet. ... only once every few months I'll have clogged jets, ... distro CDs and OpenOffice.org CDs that look official. ... But getting them to install OOo is much more doable. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Vista
    ... install of XP without any bundled rubbish. ... My two Toshibas came with restore CDs ... which were just a copy of the CD image, Norton, shovelware and all. ... In the Lakeside shopping centre there is a newly arrived Apple shop ...
    (comp.sys.acorn.advocacy)