Re: Download (I Think) Question

On Thu, 28 May 2009 11:56:07 -0700 (PDT), neithskye
<jill_bookerGREENEGGSANDSPAM@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I bought a new computer today and will be picking it up in three
hours.

One thing I am not looking forward to is re-installing WoW from all
three CDs (original game times two expansions), not to mention all the
patch time, not to mention I'm not entirely sure where my CDs are. I
remember when I first got WoW, it took something like six hours to
install due to patches.

A guildie mentioned that if I have an account, there is some Web site
I can go to and download . . . something from there, so I don't have
to re-install from all the CDs.

Unfortunately he had to leave, then wasn't on last night, so I
couldn't get any further information. Does anyone know what he is
talking about? Obviously I'd be very happy if I didn't have to do the
install from the CDs.

You can just copy and paste the folder from your old computer if you
have some way of transferring the files (assuming your old one didn't
die) - the game doesn't have to actually be installed as such, just
copying an existing installation should work fine.
--
EU-Draenor:
Sagart (80 Undead Priest)