Re: Quick reply to those who duel

In article
<0aa57bc3-9c88-45ee-ba74-2ebbae198f71@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
Will in New Haven <bill.reich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Isn't that pretty much true of everything "here." I took a free look
around WoW and I figured I would read this newsgroup and let the
people here convince me that I was wrong. But the game is truly
uninteresting, unexiting and unchallenging. Why people prefer it to
face to face roleplaying is beyond me.

I won't say that I prefer WoW to D&D (or any other RPG), but it can be
more accessible. I don't have to commit 3-6 hours if I don't want to, or
even get out of my PJs. Nobody has to take the time to design the
adventure.

I find WoW to complement pencil and paper games, rather than replace
them. There's a group I play WoW with on Fridays and D&D on Sundays,
because each game offers something different.

--
Joe Claffey | "In the end, everything is a gag."
indianajoe3@xxxxxxxxxxx | - Charlie Chaplin

  • Mah Jongg Newsgroup FAQs updated
    ... FAQ 19 - Added entry BC, about indices or the lack thereof. ... Added same game in English, ... GOT A QUESTION ABOUT MAH-JONGG? ... Introduction to Mah-Jongg Newsgroup ...
    (rec.games.mahjong)
  • Frequently Asked Questions About Mahjong
    ... FAQ 19AA - Edit for clarification. ... an HKOS Flash game, thanks to Andreas. ... GOT A QUESTION ABOUT MAH-JONGG? ... Introduction to Mah-Jongg Newsgroup ...
    (rec.games.mahjong)
  • Mahjong FAQs up-to-date
    ... FAQ 5 - Added a Japanese game for the Android platform. ... FAQ 21 - Added reader emails about table rotation at tournaments. ... limply lifting a hand and saying, "eh.") Added Austria's Mahjong Club ... Introduction to Mah-Jongg Newsgroup ...
    (rec.games.mahjong)
  • Mah-Jongg FAQs
    ... Added a Japanese Flash game. ... Introduction to Mah-Jongg Newsgroup ... American Mah-Jongg FAQs ... NEWSGROUP POSTING ARCHIVES: ...
    (rec.games.mahjong)
  • Frequently Asked Questions about Mahjong
    ... FAQ 4a - Added a teacher in Michigan. ... Introduction to Mah-Jongg Newsgroup ... NEWSGROUP POSTING ARCHIVES: ... an multiplayer game that originated in China and ...
    (rec.games.mahjong)