Re: Making money with the AH?

On May 4, 9:38 am, "Shammy" <n...@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
(atm I raid ulduar and it's not uncommon to have a 300g cost
per raid!!! 150g rapairs, 4× flask, ton of buff food).

I just want to say, it should not be costing you this much to raid.

The bosses drop a lot of gold. The money you make off the farm bosses
should cover most of the repair costs you end up incurring from your
progression bosses.

Food should be fish feasts, and they should be a guild sponsored
activity. Ie, you should be reimbursed for obtaining fish feasts by
your guild for a guild sanctioned raid. If not, you really need to
take this up with the guild leadership, since that's the whole purpose
of feasts.

I think that on average, raiding Ulduar-25 has cost me about 100g a
week. And that includes 1-2 nights of wiping to a boss, along with
potion and flask costs, each week. Since I average in the neighborhood
of 3 daily quests per day, it means that I tend to run a profit of
about 200g a week. Notice how I do not play the auction house, at all.
Only if I win an epic do I end up with a net loss over the week, after
gemming / enchanting costs, but many months of farming Naxx-25
basically gave me a big buffer to lean on to cover those costs.
--
// T.Hsu

  • Re: WotLK raids vs TBC raids
    ... The other raid encounters are single-boss ... My guild is a sort of casual raid guild (we never did Naxx v1 or the ... and the same bosses that I've already killed. ... I quite like the idea of the single boss encounters. ...
    (alt.games.warcraft)
  • Re: First night at BWL
    ... So second raid night with my new guild, MC, which the guild has on farm status. ... We did the first 2 bosses the night before, so last night was the rest + Ragna, who I had never killed before. ...
    (alt.games.warcraft)
  • Re: Extending the new raid locks
    ... tenth person and the group kills the first four bosses and plague wing. ... What would happen if, the next week, someone from guild A extends their ... raid ID? ...
    (alt.games.warcraft)
  • Re: Sharding Epics on Raids
    ... does not have the required dkp, the item goes to that one person. ... This person is head of a guild and leads raids on another server than ... Granted I can understand there might be times where the raid leader ... each item costs X% points. ...
    (alt.games.warcraft)
  • Re: Difficulty level of the different raid instances?
    ... just now handling all of MC in a single night raid... ... My guild just killed the Tiger boss and then Hakkar after three tries ... really want to beat the bosses carrying about 25 others who don't ... Is it tank dying etc? ...
    (alt.games.warcraft)