Re: Are exotic Hunter pets actually better?

On Fri, 06 Feb 2009 04:12:13 -0600, Alphawolf <gnuthulhu@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

On Wed, 04 Feb 2009 11:05:50 -0600, pv+usenet@xxxxxxxxx (PV) wrote:

Alphawolf <gnuthulhu@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
Great, now we just need a guaranteed way to crash the server...

Wait for a rolling restart or system maintenance, if you can be on at the
right time.

I've noticed on rolling restarts or other controlled shutdowns nothing
is refreshed. Very likely the state of the server is saved and
restored upon the resumption of the game world, so it comes back with
all the spawn timers as they were beforehand. Now, in a real crash
everything should reset because they don't know what the state was
prior.

Some things are refreshed, the books in Dalaran all respawn on a planned
restart. No idea about anything else but if I get to Dalaran immediately
after a restart all book spawns are up (sadly it's uusally the junk
placeholder ones not the actual ones for the acheivement but still!)
--
EU-Draenor:
Sagart (80 Undead Priest)

  • Re: Trouble Loading into Major Cities
    ... Sagart (80 Undead Priest) ... Eilnich (70 Blood Elf Warlock) ... Balgair (70 Human Rogue) ... Good to see Troll Shaman getting some love there! ...
    (alt.games.warcraft)
  • Re: Bad tanks and masochistic warlocks
    ... Sagart (70 Undead Priest) ... Eilnich (70 Blood Elf Warlock) ... Balgair (70 Human Rogue) ... Sealgair (70 Dwarf Hunter) ...
    (alt.games.warcraft)
  • Re: Plans before WotLK
    ... Sagart (70 Undead Priest) ... Eilnich (70 Blood Elf Warlock) ... Balgair (70 Human Rogue) ... Sealgair (70 Dwarf Hunter) ...
    (alt.games.warcraft)
  • Re: Acheivements
    ... expensive or super rare or both - I did however finally get my Kirin Tor ... Sagart (80 Undead Priest) ... Eilnich (70 Blood Elf Warlock) ... Balgair (70 Human Rogue) ...
    (alt.games.warcraft)
  • Re: Another unpleasant PUG experience