Re: How do shadowpriests deal damage in shadow form?

I think it was "ave" <ave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> that wrote something
like...

Actually, I was just trying to test this out, and every time I ended
up getting more mana back from VT using my method than yours.

First few attempts using my method, (VT,SW:P,VE,MF,MF,MB,Wand)

Ofcourse you will get more mana back with this order, because you are
casting mind-blast whilst VT is applied.

Well, the time I didn't get to cast MB because the mob was already
dead still returned more mana.

As I said in my last post:

The only reason for not doing it in my order is if you want the mana
back
from the mind-blast with VT up. Which is fair enough, but nothing I
particularly worry about.

When I mentioned:

As long as the mob isn't dead before VT runs out, you will get more
mana back in my list (albeit, it's a negligible amount extra).

I was talking about mana back from VT specifically, rather than the cast
sequence as a whole.

Well, I suppose so. Sounds about as useful as listing the damage from
sympathetic detonations in a nuclear blast though. ; )

The mana regain for Ave's method might be increased by putting up a
shield so as to not lose MF ticks, but then you've lost the mana from
casting the shield.

I never used a shield while solo'ing mobs. There is no need. I normally got
two mind flays in before the mob was close enough to start effecting the
cast By that point it was time to switch to wand anyway.

ave

Hmm, I take it you turn around and run while casting the Pain and VE
then?

Ashen Shugar
The moon by day, and the sun by night.
Blind woman, deaf man, jackdaw fool.
Let the Lord of Chaos rule!

  • Re: ZulAman Tank Question
    ... I play around with judgements/seals a lot, depends on the mob. ... Then do a Holy Shield ... Judge SoR at 4 sec, SoC, judge when cooldown, SoR again. ... mana intensive. ...
    (alt.games.warcraft)
  • Re: Shadow priest - bandages
    ... pretty good mana hit before the battling even begins. ... all the mobs happen to run in the same direction I'm trying ... casting Pain and VE then standing still to cast Mindflay. ... embrace, mind blast, pw: pain, mind flay, mind blast again (cooldown usually ...
    (alt.games.warcraft)
  • Re: Priest Leveling up to 20
    ... I run out of mana after each mob, and need to recharge, even if the ... Just DoT and wand (or Mind Blast and Flay, then wand if you've the mana) ... so I can shield and heal as needed. ...
    (alt.games.warcraft)
  • Re: Shadow priest - bandages
    ... pretty good mana hit before the battling even begins. ... You know what's the worst thing about the psychic scream? ... all the mobs happen to run in the same direction I'm trying ... casting Pain and VE then standing still to cast Mindflay. ...
    (alt.games.warcraft)
  • Re: Its too hard to be a Shammy
    ...  I generally cast my totems, ... and mana it will often mean that I'll have to run off or die. ... away on the mob while deciding what to do... ... Enhancement shamans should treat mana as a limited ...
    (alt.games.warcraft)