Re: Second try: Mage levelling build
- From: Darin Johnson <darin@xxxxxxx>
- Date: 29 May 2007 12:35:28 -0700
On May 29, 8:24 am, grokik_...@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
Frost is about control, fire is about big damage, arcane is about
I was confused about what to do with my mage.
Until I realized this character was on a
RP server and named after a mythological
person from the frozen north. So I went with
frost. Maybe it's not the ultimate.
I find arcane missiles to be a bit difficult
to use. They do good damage, but aren't
mana efficient. I am getting all the
missiles that the description lists now,
whereas at the first rank I'd only get 2
missiles total for a total waste of mana.
It's also difficult to get all of them off,
even with a slowed enemy. So the talent
to prevent interruption with them would have
Fire is nice, but it seems like a bit of a
mana waste too. The long cast time has me
cast these only as openers.
The wand seems much less vital than with
my priest. Greater magic wand, does good
DPS, but they're so difficult to use with
enemies while they're beating on you.
Even if an enemy is stuck in a frost nova,
those break so easily on damage that the
high fire-rate of wands releases them
- Prev by Date: Re: Survival of the Fittest vs. Imp Leader of the Pack
- Next by Date: Auction House in Outland?
- Previous by thread: Re: Second try: Mage levelling build
- Next by thread: Re: Second try: Mage levelling build