Paladin aggro management

Need some advice on how to get and hold aggro with a level 28 Paladin.
Was in Stockades yesterday and was often losing aggro, especially
after I switched to a shield for more survivability. Even with single
mobs.
It's not like I can say "let me get a sunder up before attacking".
The
minor area-of-effect spell with holy damage doesn't cause much aggro
even with righteous fury turned on. The judgement of righteousness
does get their attention, but I can't use it very often. When there
were several enemies around, I'd try to spread out damage, but I
cause so little damage compared to others that that doesn't seem
to do much. The righteous defense works, but it's difficult to use
(takes a few seconds to click on the right target in the chaos of
battle) and the aggro is lost again very quickly.

I had forgotten about the blessing of salvation, which I could have
put on some of the nukers or healers.

So what tactics should I be using to grab and hold aggro when
I'm tanking?

--
Darin Johnson

  • Re: Warlock leveling
    ... "Waltz of Death" - curse a mob, send in the VW, watch the Void snag ... aggro as they meet and spin around in front of me. ... just from the sheer damage output. ... During the 1.8 patch, Enslave Demon had no diminishing returns, so you ...
    (alt.games.warcraft)
  • Re: Some warlocky advice, please
    ... Then I'm doing much more damage overall ... mindful of aggro. ... throw the first DoT before sending pet so that the target will run ... Felguard being so close. ...
    (alt.games.warcraft)
  • Re: Aggro managements and calculations?
    ... It's often said that we will never be able to work out the way threat and hate lists and mobs' AI works, because it's too complicated and unknowable, that we'll only ever have crude approximations and guesses. ... I've conducted some decent, rigorous tests, and i have what i believe is a good list of hate values and explanations of gaining and losing aggro and the behaviour of taunt. ... We define "threat" to be a numeric value that each mob has towards each player on it's hate list. ... We define arbitratily that 1 point of unmodified damage gives 1 point of threat. ...
    (alt.games.warcraft)
  • Re: Some warlocky advice, please
    ... Then I'm doing much more damage overall ... mindful of aggro. ... throw the first DoT before sending pet so that the target will run ... Felguard being so close. ...
    (alt.games.warcraft)
  • Re: best non-elite pets
    ... damage comes in, only the total aggregate damage over the fight so far. ... So aggro is based just on DPS over time, ... So here's my broken tooth update: I caught him twice in the past 24 ... Horde L60 aim shots then gets another 1 or 2 shots off, ...
    (alt.games.warcraft)