Re: Getting gold fast (not spam)

Catriona R a écrit :

On 12 Jul 2006 16:12:12 -0700, "Apoptygma" <apoptygma@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

What techniques has everyone used to cash up fast? I've read a few
guides (PDF which unscrupulous people sell for $$) which I downloaded
from p2p networks, they all involved teleport hacks or stupid
information which should be common sense. E.g. a PDF called "secrets of
chinese gold farming - 5000g + p/hr" is just things like "mine thorium
for arcane crystals.
Things that I've found work well are the following:

Nice tips :-)

Indeed!

Buy blue items on the AH which are suitable for "twinking" these are
usually imbalanced items which have levels ending with 8 or 9 (e.g. 28,
39) as they are the "best" equipment for characters in those BG
brackets.
One in particular that I've found is thunderwood, I can bid/buyout
around 8g and sell for ~25 - this is how I made my first 20g at level
15

Good one, I'm in the habit of watching the AH and always checking for rare
items at cheap prices, although generally I just buy the ones that one of
my many characters can use. But occasionally spotting a bargain and
relisting is a good earner.

I'm really bad at that one.

The other day, I tried to make the prices of Large brilliant shards
rise a bit: I realized they were all sold for 5-6g, some for 7g. I
bought them all, and put some back up for auction at 8g.

Now I have 26 large brilliant shards lying in my bank, I spent close to
200g doing that, and only sold like 10 or 12 shards for 8g or so before
the prices went back to normal. I think I potentially made maybe 1%
profit - if only I could sell my shards faster than I collect them,
that is. I can't put them all back for auction, because it would make
the prices lower :S

On the other hand, as far as twink items are concerned, clear
shadowfang keep repeatedly: there drop a very nice blue boe dagger for
rogue twinks that sell for like 100g on my server. Or run the deadmines
a couple times if you're horde, wool cloth sell like crazy, 1g a stack.

Note silk cloth also sell well (80-90s a stack), so clearing the SM is
very profitable too.

  • Re: Request Your Advice
    ... I sell them for $25 to $35, bought them for $5, this shop was given ... look up sales prices on e-bay, sort by highest price plus shipping, ... do not under any circumstances ever offer free shipping, ...
    (soc.retirement)
  • Re: When is the last time you got money back from Microsoft?
    ... If you've got an item that you can make for $1 and sell for $10 you ... If your cost drops to $.50 but you can still get $10 ... I don't disagree that Microsoft CAN charge what they have been -- I ... You're assuming that costs and prices have anything to do with one ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • Re: Popular Woodworking make over
    ... so $3 got me 25 new books. ... since my canvas bag held twice as much as their supplied grocery bag. ... list all of the items you want to sell all at one time, with good prices, and you may be able to print labels, pack and ship items 2 or 3 at a time. ...
    (rec.woodworking)
  • Re: The Americans - spoilers
    ... almost all were family farms. ... Or were they forced to sell everything at prices fixed by the government? ... The Poles had never wanted Communism (which is why the post ...
    (rec.arts.tv)
  • Re: Pargs neices having problems selling their fantastic real estate "investments"
    ... should she decide to sell. ... It is definitely not a good time to be buying a house, ... Prices have escalated over the past 5 years and are still going up. ... house buying market WILL drop, eventually, but it's anyone's guess as to ...
    (soc.men)