Re: Flesh heals

"Thomas J. Boschloo" <nospam@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:436561ce$0$11066$e4fe514c@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Fugwump wrote:
>>>I use heavy wool bandage now (l30 druid), but is doesn't work well and I
>>>can't figure out why. The flesh heal stops after only a few seconds
>>>(1-2) en doesn't heal as much as heavy linnen used to do. My guess is
>>>that I get interrupted but the reason I want to flesh heal is that there
>>>are too many mobs on us anyway and I rather moonfire and perserve my
>>>(run out of) mana for some rejuvination and regrowth later on in the
>>>battle.
>>>
>>>Also, does an interrupted heal spell cost the caster mana?
>>

>> At level 30 you should be using heavy silk bandages if you want to heal
>> any
>> decent amount, I'm level 29 and its what I'll be using once I get the
>> book.
>> Wool is generally alot more valuable than silk, don't waste too much of
>> it
>> on bandages.
>
> I have been turning it in at Oggrimar in order for it to be possible to
> get a wolf as a mount.
>
>> A interrupted heal spell uses no mana, and if you haven't cast another
>> spell
>> within 5 seconds you will continue to regenerate mana.
>
> This is good to know.
>
> I asked because I got yelled by a priest whom I consider very capable
> when I healed his target before he did. I thought I cost him mana or
> something.. Now I know this is not the case..

Actually, unless he is using a mod such as the mana-saver part of
CTRaidAssist, then your casting a heal on someone wont interrrupt his heal
so you are both using mana healing the same person. A spell is only
interrupted if you are hit/take damage or you or a mod you are using stops
it, same with bandages. And also be aware that DoTs (including poisons)
will also interrupt when they 'tick'.

--
TP

Arathor[EU]
Taipan - (60) Night-Elf Hunter | Gaijin - (60) Human Priest | Mayday - (60)
Gnome Mage
Korma - (47) Gnome Warlock | Levi - (38) Night-Elf Druid

  • Re: Minion -- repair or replace?
    ... can't possibly have enough talent points to have mana feed. ... He just hit 48 last night. ... Yeah, doing sacrafice means I need to finish off the current mob myself, ... should work to make sure you are always able to make the best bandages ...
    (alt.games.warcraft)
  • Re: Flesh heals
    ... >>mana for some rejuvination and regrowth later on in the ... > At level 30 you should be using heavy silk bandages if you want to heal any ... > A interrupted heal spell uses no mana, and if you haven't cast another spell ... > spells) it would also interrupt bandages since they are channeled. ...
    (alt.games.warcraft)
  • Re: First Aid Questions?
    ... To refill mana can't you just drink water? ... bandage, get power, and then heal; the opposite of a Warlock. ... use of bandages to get life, ...
    (alt.games.warcraft)
  • Re: First Aid Questions?
    ... Mana Bandages would make them able to ... use of bandages to get life, ... Priests just have to collect a lot of spirit and learn to use it wisely, ... Sagart - Undead Priest (lvl 60) ...
    (alt.games.warcraft)