Re: Sharing in Raids

That's a bit like asking, why do people do the lottery. coz there is always
a chance :)

"Vertoobli" <motoko@xxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> It occured to me, reading a rep on someone squooshing Onxyia, that in
> order to complete the higher level stuff ingame, you need a party of
> about 30 people to get anywhere, but, theres only limited drops. So,
> what drives people to do the endgame quests, given that the odds are
> you may well come away with nothing? Do you just do them over and over
> and over and over, till everyone gets the goodies?

  • Re: What would make you believe?
    ... If the chance is not less than 1/65 million, the lottery is losing money. ... the probability of you winning times the ... expectation isn't _much_ over the price of a ticket, ...
    (rec.arts.sf.science)
  • Re: Lottery facts for Sherry
    ... regardless of the mathematics involved. ... This is the basic law of probability that I learned in grade school. ... In the lottery this law is used to formulate the permutation formula ... Mathematically the odds say it only has a 50/50 chance but the previous ...
    (rec.gambling.lottery)
  • Re: Lottery facts for Sherry
    ... regardless of the mathematics involved. ... This is the basic law of probability that I learned in grade school. ... In the lottery this law is used to formulate the permutation formula ... Mathematically the odds say it only has a 50/50 chance but the previous ...
    (rec.gambling.lottery)
  • Re: Lottery facts for Sherry
    ... This is the basic law of probability that I learned in grade school. ... if you flip a coin there is a 50/50 chance that it will come up heads. ... In the lottery this law is used to formulate the permutation formula which, ... Since the odds of probability are so great that I have no hope to winning ...
    (rec.gambling.lottery)
  • Re: U19 RWC semi line-up
    ... tournament is a "lottery". ... competitions like the world cup that have an element of chance. ... I predict that I have a 1/100 chance of winning a 100 ticket raffle. ... Both are valid predictions based on 'prior information'. ...
    (rec.sport.rugby.union)