Re: OT: PS3 gaining STEAM? literally and figuratively

"The alMIGHTY N" <natlee75@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:43055269-f190-4a7b-803f-fbce5ade28b3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Aug 23, 10:03 pm, "Tom" <no...@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
"Blig Merk" <blig_m...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

> On Aug 23, 6:07 pm, "Tom" <no...@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZTHSYmEyc0

>> Wow, now that I really watched that video, go to about 9:15 in the >> video
>> and
>> continue watching where the Asian guy is demonstrating two wands >> moving a
>> machine gun on screen. The input lag is horrendous.

> You have something wrong with your perceptions. The only wand moving
> the gun is the right hand one. The demonstration he is making is
> putting a tracker on the target with the left navigation controller. I
> know it will be almost impossible, but try watching and listening this
> time. Only the green cross hair is the gun aiming and it is only with
> the right controller.

Oh please! I can see what the reaction times are like. Yes, I am talking
about the Move in the right hand and even when moving the cursor, you see
lag between the wand movement, then reaction of the onscreen action. But the
gun movement is telling, it is downright awful. Look at the time frames I
mentioned, you can clearly see him moving the Move, then the gun moves in
delay.. If you're actually going to try and downplay what is actually seen
in that video to mean something else. . Seriously, a regular controller
doesn't act like that, so I cannot even imagine the Move taking on m&k in MP
matches if the lag times really occur like that.

I think I see what you're talking about. The small motions seem to be
fine, but those big sweeping motions the Asian guy makes reveal quite
a bit of lag in the crosshair's motion.

I don't know if it's really lag, though. It seems more like the
crosshairs aren't able to move faster than a particular speed so even
if you whip the Move around like a dervish, the crosshairs will only
move that max speed.

Yea, I even made that exception in my post to Smitzor regarding possible TV aspect, which would be very unlikely, or that the game is is poorly voded to use the motion control parameters.

  • Re: Gun nuts
    ... so the idea that citizens should be limited ... some of the nuts commenting on that video act like ... The guy that draws his gun doesn't seek cover at the same time. ... facts not apparent in the video. ...
    (talk.politics.guns)
  • Re: Gun Show Death of Child Trial Update
    ... Before an 8-year-old boy accidentally killed himself with a powerful Uzi machine gun at a gun show, the boy's 11-year-old brother blasted away with an automatic weapon. ... Video of Christopher Bizilj's brother was played today at the trial of Pelham, Mass., police chief Edward Fleury who organized the event. ... The video of the dead child's brother was introduced during testimony by family friend, Gary Hobaica, of Agawam, a registered nurse who was with the family on the day of the shooting. ... Hobaica said it was Charles Bizilj who picked out the machine guns and ammunition for his children to fire, and that they watched people shooting machine guns for several hours. ...
    (alt.true-crime)
  • Re: OT Re: First CCW righteous shoot under Wisconsins new law
    ... your attention to the video of the police officer and the criminal, ... Shooting is what I do for fun. ... I shoot every week ... I'm going to the gun club I belong to in about ...
    (rec.crafts.metalworking)
  • Judge Will Allow Jurors to See Video of 8-Year-Old Being Killed by Uzi at Gun Show
    ... Judge Will Allow Jurors to See Video of 8-Year-Old Being Killed by Uzi at ... gun at a gun show, setting up an unusually grisly courtroom scene in the ...
    (alt.true-crime)
  • Re: OT Re: First CCW righteous shoot under Wisconsins new law
    ... your attention to the video of the police officer and the criminal, ... weapon without a hit. ... I shoot every week ... I'm going to the gun club I belong to in about ...
    (rec.crafts.metalworking)