Re: Assassin's Creed II (anyone play both?)

On Jun 8, 10:14 am, BoodyBandit <allaboutga...@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Jun 7, 12:39 pm, The alMIGHTY N <natle...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Jun 5, 9:29 pm, BoodyBandit <allaboutga...@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I just played Assassin's Creed II by accident. What does that mean? I
picked up a bundle of games on eBay and Assassin's Creed II was one of
the throw in ones. I figured I would just sell it as soon as I got it
but ended up playing it because I wanted to see what all the hype was
about. Man am I glad I did. It might possibly be the best game I have
played this generation.

Now I want to know from those that played both is Assassin's Creed on
the same level of quality as 2? I read a few people saying 2 was a big
step up over the original. If this is true? Did anyone enjoy the
original as much or more than the sequel? Does it have the same type
of weapons, missions, depth?

I enjoyed this game so much and played and completed it on both
systems. I might even go for 100% on both as well. It's not without
it's quirks but for a sandbox game this is the best I have ever
played. Graphics, sound (is amazing) and control (not perfect but
pretty freaking good) is all top notch.

Wasn't crazy about the story but I didn't play the first so I guess I
was a little lost trying to follow what was going on.

All I've heard from people is how much better Assassin's Creed II is.
I thought Assassin's Creed was a good game with a lot of missed
potential. Ubisoft apparently took all the criticism they got - and
they got *A LOT* - and used it to improve the game in every way for
the second installment.

I would certainly say to try out the first game if you can get it for
a cheap price. Just be prepared to get frustrated by the controls and
the repetitive nature of the missions (aside from the assassination
itself, *every* mission is *exactly* the same in what you need to do).- Hide quoted text -

I didn't pick it up yet. Repetitive missions would drive me crazy. I
hated GTAIV because every mission felt like the one before it. What I
love most about Assassin's Creed II is it's amazing fight mechanics.
It's freaking awesome. I just run around Italy picking fights with
guards. I jog around trying to draw a dozen of so guards before I turn
and fight them! It's a blast. It reminds me of Infamous where I would
spend countless hours just blowing shit up with (Evil) Cole. Can't
wait for Infamous 2 or Assassin's Creed 3.

Okay - in that case, you want to stay the hell away from Assassin's
Creed. The fighting mechanics are *horrible* in that game. It has some
of the most boring and repetitious fighting of any video game.
.